Saggy stomach

Samiam03

Reaction score
At 10 months pp, I am really happy with my weight. I am a nice size and below my prepregnancy weight. My one issue, however, is my saggy stomach from pregnancy. It is pretty much all skin. When I stand up straight, it isn't so bad and it just slightly pokes out but when I wear jeans, suddenly my stomach gets pushed up and I look 12 weeks pregnant! I know for many it isn't a big deal but for me, I would be lying if I said it didn't bug me. Especially when I sit down while wearing jeans and if my shirt is too tight you can see it HANGING.

Is there ANYTHING at all I can do or is this just how things will be for the rest of my life? Any exercises I can do to target it? Or maybe the skin will go down in time?

I do think there is only so much you can do- weight being first, but you can't tone up skin, sorry- not sure how else to say it- BUT, you can tone the muscle behind the skin and thus improving the appearance of the skin. Personally, I've never had a totally flat tummy- it looks great when I'm standing (especially sucking it in! haha), but when sitting, there is always a bit of a pooch- even as a teenager (just how my body is shaped). Still the same after pregnancy- so I'm just used to it- but I did lose more weight post pregnancy.

You could try some ab classes- or classes that incorporate the abs. All of mine do- even Zumba targets the core muscles around your whole mid section. I've for sure noticed a bit of a difference in doing all the classes I do now- as working my abs was usually the last thing I did on my own workouts... so it kinda got skipped more than it should have. Planks are great for abs- I hate them, lol, but they get results. Maybe even just talk to an instructor at a local gym for advise?

Now, if I could only find an exercise to rid my butt of cellulite I'd be set! haha. Guess there is always something we'd like to "improve". Kudos to you for your weight loss! It's not easy- but so satisfying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->