Saharan Dust & Pollution

halullat

Reaction score
I've been bfing my LO during this whole dust/pollution thing and I am really panicking that I have been bfing my LO without even thinking. Should I continue or give him formula? I'm panicking!

I've just bf. it's pretty bad here but I've kept us indoors more and not walked the dog.

I've stayed in all day today but the window was open because is was so hot (and I'm an idiot). It doesn't look smoggy here, it looks totally clear but don't know if that is relevant. Thank you for your reply x

Formula also has pollutants the cows have to breathe air and also they get pollutants from the soil. How do you think women who actually live in the Sahara breastfeed their babies? Your body will filter it out :) xx

Maybe I'm a bit dense....

But surely of there's pollution around you'd want your baby to get MORE breast milk, not less?

Whats wrong with breastfeeding with this whole saharan desert dust?
Surely u dont think the dust can get into your breastmilk? If it was a gas then maybe but not the dust?

Try not to panic, as others have said, you've got nothing to worry about. Do you struggle with anxiety? I've found CBT techniques very useful in helping to deal with that. Sorry if I'm way off the mark!

No, you are bang on the mark, I've done CBT so since posting this I've been trying to use the techniques to calm myself after realising it was an irrational panic and not a normal one (so hard to work out what is my anxiety and contamination OCD and what is normal mum worrying!). Thank you for your replies, and apologies for being so neurotic! x

:hugs: glad you're finding a way through it. Parenting is a minefield for anxiety!

Makes more sense now. Sorry if I sounded unsympathetic.

Honestly though you really don't need to worry. Xxxx Just dust and sand. Xx

No don't worry at all! If someone thinks it sounds really daft it means I know I'm being overly neurotic! I'm glad I am being neurotic as then I can know to use techniques to get my brain back in order x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->