SAHM's w/ #2 or more! What to do, what to do..

megrenade

Reaction score
I know my 1st pregnancy I did *tons* of research on every subject imaginable. But now that I know everything I need to know, I don't know what to do! :dohh:

What are you doing to pass the time besides care for your other LO's?

I know what you mean! I've not bought any pregnancy magazines this time round and feel like I'm just flicking through what not to expect just for the hell of it!..... We have all of our baby stuff we need so I don't need to shop for anything.... although we did get a new pram so I dragged out the process for a couple of weeks! :dohh:

I'm bored of pregnancy now! To top it off it's so hard to do the normal things I do with my son as I'm either tired or slow or have no energy!

I know what you mean! I've not bought any pregnancy magazines this time round and feel like I'm just flicking through what not to expect just for the hell of it!..... We have all of our baby stuff we need so I don't need to shop for anything.... although we did get a new pram so I dragged out the process for a couple of weeks! :dohh:

I'm bored of pregnancy now! To top it off it's so hard to do the normal things I do with my son as I'm either tired or slow or have no energy!

I know exactly what you mean, 110%!

I feel so bad with DS.. he wants to play and all I want to do is lay around and eat :blush:

I actually got rid of most of our baby furniture.. all I have left is an infant-to-toddler rocker, crib and toddler bed. I need to go get a bouncy chair and/or swing!

Also debating on whether or not to get a double stroller, or a single stroller and just wear the new baby in a carrier.. decisions, decisions!

You'll have to drag those decisions out for as long as possible :haha:

I got rid of everything from my son too, but as soon as started telling people I was pregnant I was inundated with hand me downs! Which is great! But it was all given to me before 18 weeks, so I've had nothing else to buy since!..... I have gained a new obsession with reusable nappies as I got rid of all of my sons, but I feel like I'm wasting money on them because I'm bored and just keep buying :dohh:

We usually do school! We'd have structured activities (fun pre school stuff, when they were younger) for a couple hours and field trips during the day & household chores. And we joined groups - homeschool social groups, educational co-ops, signed up for baby / mommy&me classes (when they were younger, swim, Gymboree, gymnastics - now its real sports, homeschooling and classes).
Also, I am passing the time by doing 1 protect every couple of days. At least then I feel like I accomplished something. So far, I've completely organized my dd's room, and organized & rearranged my bedroom furniture (my back hurt after that so now I am under strict orders from DH no more moving furniture lol), and today, cleaned out our mail and filing system. Tomorrow, I'll start our homeschool room - that'll take a couple days :o

We got ourselves into a routine. Eldest had pre-school a couple of days a weeks. A couple of days a week we'd saddle up and go to the library, swimming, or another activity close by that we could get the bus to if necessary. Mornings were spent doing housework while baby slept or just messing about with toys. Afternoons are all about the children, and we'd go out to the park, or play in the garden. My youngest is now 14 months and I'm just about to pop with number3 and it's only in the past fortnight that things have gotten tough.

As for the 'preparation' for LO....I haven't had any to do and strictly I'm still not done. I still don't have my pushchair (will be purchasing that next week when I can afford it lol) and because Eddy was so young when we found out about baby I just never packed anything 100% away - it's all stowed under beds so a few weeks ago I just pulled it all out, cleaned it, and put it away properly ready. I have literally everything else from my other 2, and even becuase bump is team yellow, I don't even have to worry if baby is a girl. Everything is already in neutral colours, as both my other two have been yellow bumps too.

Even so, I've still not been 'bored'. I have tried to make the most of my time with Eddy and with Earl before another noisy person comes along. Eddy is still a baby really (very much a toddler now but still only little) and I sometimes feel a bit guilty that he's not got much of me - middle child etc - but I've spent the last 14 months at home with him every day. He's spent about 5 days away from me in that time and 3 of them were last week! lol

My advice is always have a plan for the day, don't waste a day, and if you want a PJ day, then have one! :thumbup:

You've just reminded me that I have a chest of drawers to sand and paint before baby! I should get on to that before I get too big :dohh:

Oh, don't get me wrong about my previous post, I'm not bored! I'm just bored of being pregnant!.... I still do lots with LO but find I'm a lot slower so can't run about with him as much! :(

I am soooo freaking tired! Ready to get this pregnancy over with, as it's my last! I have 4 girls at home ages 8, 7, 6, and 2. Let's just say they keep me on my toes.

I have a lot I need to do in the house, but I have no energy, and what I do have is spent on caring for my girls every day! I gave away all of my baby stuff. Everything but my stroller! Sooooo because of that I have been buying baby things, which has been nice, but also expensive :haha:

Hubby works nearly 70 hours a week most the time, so a lot falls on me when it comes to keeping this ship afloat. So ready to be normal again. I walk like a duck, I'm tired, slow, bitchy, and can't wait to have a glass of wine!

I am so glad I kept all our baby clothes! We just bought a matching crib & toddler bed too.. so hoping to get into our own place soon.. we are running out of room in our "part" of the house that my mom has let us use, haha.

Seems like everybody's going to stay busy :haha:

I am so glad I kept all our baby clothes! We just bought a matching crib & toddler bed too.. so hoping to get into our own place soon.. we are running out of room in our "part" of the house that my mom has let us use, haha.

I was just SO convinced I was done having kids after my last little girl LOL! :haha:

Didn't work out that way as we ended up wanting one more. This one is DEFINITELY the last one though. I am getting my tubes tied during my c section, and DH is getting a vasectomy. No more babes for us!

I was just SO convinced I was done having kids after my last little girl LOL! :haha:

Didn't work out that way as we ended up wanting one more. This one is DEFINITELY the last one though. I am getting my tubes tied during my c section, and DH is getting a vasectomy. No more babes for us!

Ha, thought we were done after 1! Hence the 4yr age gap! I have had to gather everything again :dohh:

Most of my time is taken up chasing after my toddlers! :lol:

I plan my days, I have my daughter in a nice routine where she gets up same time everyday, gets fed same times everyday and nap times same time everyday so its easy to work around all this and I plan a trip to the park, soft play area etc. I've also started up my own ebay shop to earn extra money do that keeps me occupied aswell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->