Sainburys online (be careful and other shopping)

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Last night I got an email from Sainsburys online saying "Thanks for changing your details" I hadnt changed anything so I went off to investigate as I am naturally suspicious anyway.

I found someone had changed my details, my address had been changed to some estate in Coventry, phone number and a new email address and an order for £278 had been put through for this morning! too late to call any one and too late to cancel order. Order was mostly cigarettes and nappies and a few food items.

I called sainsburys this morning who had already been on to it as the store flagged it as suspicious and the payment center. I have no idea how that happened. But seemed easy for them to do, Order before 11 and in the morning it could have arrived only I do not have that sort of money in my account for them to take. If you ever get emails saying thanks for updating or change of pass word check it out. I had to change all my bank details too as I assume they had to go through the visa verification to get the order confirmed. Some con is sitting in England expecting shopping on my name this morning right now! and they aint getting it. Also reported to action fraud who are connected to the police. If I lived in England near I would land at that address to see who lived there.

Yikes...how the hell did they get into your account?

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for sharing!

I have no clue how they got in and sainsburys dont either but they said they try so many things they have to try and keep on top of them. If I went to bed and never looked at my email and all this and did have that money I would have maybe been robbed. Only for sainsburys noticing too. That could happen to any one with an online account. I never trusted sainsburys site they throw you out and make you sign in a lot, always made me suspicious. Maybe was a phishing way they got my details.

Thanks for sharing, that's unbelievable!

Wow that's mad. Thanks for sharing i'll keep an eye on my account, x

Thank you for the warning. I can't believe they did that! :nope:

Wow that's awful, thanks for letting us know I'll keep a check on my accounts.

Thank you for the warning and glad it's been sorted out

Thanks for sharing. I assume they can be caught easily though, given they has stuff try to be delivered to their address?

I've had things like that before with my bank, accounts set up to different address and my bank blocks them, then reissues card etc.

Make sure you change any passwords that are the same on other accounts.

I think it struck the store as weird as there was £170 of benson and hedges in the order and £60 or so was nappies, some food items in there. Such a massive order! they must think I was loaded and just had all this money or something. I think that house it was addressed to was vacant and I bet they where waiting there saying they got locked out as I looked it up and appears on many rental sites to rent.

That's scary they can do that

We use them so will watch out

I also didn't know of confirmation of an order as they made up a fake email address in my name so I didn't get an email of that I found it on my orders . Only for sainsburys doing the change of details email I wouldn't have known. I feel really peed and wonder how the hell this happened and where am I going to get shopping from as I dont like tesco or asda. Seems I have to go back to them then as I do not trust the sainsburys site.

Thats awful!
Surely they can track down the criminals to the address on your account they used?
Hope so!

I hope so I have a crime case number as I went to action fraud also and they all working together.

Omg that's awful! I do my weekly shop online with asda so thanks for the heads up.

Thats quite scary!

Glad its getting sorted & you found out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"