***Samba's NEW NOT sp strange question of the day! (On pg 6)***

I have always wondered why..... when you stick your finger in your belly button it makes you want to wee???

Any ideas????

he he, it does for me, it gives me the weirdest sensation. :blush: I'm not sure if this is the reason, bit it kind of makes sense to me:

When you're developing as an embryo the umbilical is connected to the developing urinary tract/future bladder, I always suspected there still some connection via nerves or something and that's why it feels odd to put your finger in your belly button. I worked on the development of the hindgut and urinary system for my PhD...but mostly the hindgut, so I'm not completely clued up!

This is from wikipeadia in science speak:
The urachus is an embryological canal connecting the urinary bladder of the fetus with the allantois, a structure that contributes to the formation of the umbilical cord. The lumen (inside) of the urachus is normally obliterated during embryonic development, transforming the urachus into a solid cord, a functionless remnant. The urachus lies in the space of Retzius, between the transversalis fascia anteriorly and the peritoneum posteriorly.

I have always wondered why..... when you stick your finger in your belly button it makes you want to wee???

Any ideas????

he he, it does for me, it gives me the weirdest sensation. :blush: I'm not sure if this is the reason, bit it kind of makes sense to me:

When you're developing as an embryo the umbilical is connected to the developing urinary tract/future bladder, I always suspected there still some connection via nerves or something and that's why it feels odd to put your finger in your belly button. I worked on the development of the hindgut and urinary system for my PhD...but mostly the hindgut, so I'm not completely clued up!

This is from wikipeadia in science speak:
The urachus is an embryological canal connecting the urinary bladder of the fetus with the allantois, a structure that contributes to the formation of the umbilical cord. The lumen (inside) of the urachus is normally obliterated during embryonic development, transforming the urachus into a solid cord, a functionless remnant. The urachus lies in the space of Retzius, between the transversalis fascia anteriorly and the peritoneum posteriorly.

:shock: WOW!!! Thanks for that Chocolatecat!!!

Well i had a sneeze this morning, nipples were a little errect, but not sure if that was because I ripped my dressing gown open in my cold kitchen.

re: todays thought of the day, it def doesnt make me want a wee.
I have an inny, wonder if it only happens to outys?

AT my time of life you could poke a finger in my ear & it would make me wee :rofl:....pass the tena lady Kerry...........

Oh & Chocolate cat- please don't encourage the nutter...just nod encouragingly at her whilst backing away very slowly...at the same time looking up the number for the nearest VERY secure mentalist asylum...it's not clever, it's not pretty, she needs help...

AT my time of life you could poke a finger in my ear & it would make me wee :rofl:....pass the tena lady Kerry...........

:rofl: What a lovely thought! :rofl:

My DH jokes when a tena lady advert comes on the telly 'that'll be you buying those when you've had a baby'........my response 'ERR THANKS FOR THAT DH !!'

:rofl:

Any ideas????

Where do you come up with these things? :rofl: It doesn't make me want to wee. It is a really weird sensation though.......DH HATES his belly button being touched. :rofl: So whenever he's being obnoxious I just stick my finger in there and it stops him. :rofl: :rofl:

Chris - I hope that this doesnt happen!! :rofl:

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=icWy4eeTJuU

OMG! Samba you are indeed mental my friend :rofl:

It makes me wanna puke if anyone touches my belly button :sick: so there's NO WAY im sticking my finger in there!! GROSS! :sick: x

What REALLY came first..... the chicken or the egg???

Does anyone really know the answer to this??

The chicken,......no, the egg.......no, the chicken?!

I'm off to buy the wind up chicken and egg toys you can get.....let battle commence! Then we can find out the real answer!!

I think the Cockerel 'came' first.....then the chicken got pregnant and then the egg arrived! :rofl:

I like encouraging her, she makes me smile :blush:
The egg came first...because dinosaurs laid eggs and birds evolved from dinosaurs (shall I stop coming on here and giving boring answers...sorry to spoil the fun!)

New question (and topical) if a baby's legs come out at 11.59pm and the head at 12.01am what day is the baby born on? (breech - ow!!)

Ooh when the head comes out, when the baby takes its first breath :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->