Same middle name as first born?

Swanny

Reaction score
Our first little boy is called Isaac Lee (Lee being his dad's name)

Now we are expecting another baby boy is it ridiculous to give him the same middle name?

He would be called Elijah Lee

Another option is to have the male version of my name (Louise)

So could be Elijah Louis Or Elijah Lewis

Or the 3rd option is a completely different middle name (suggestions welcome) :)

Thanks,

x

I like the idea of having the same middle name, it's personal preference though I guess :) x

My mother is Lynda Kari, I am Lindsey Kari. If we have another little girl, the middle name will be Kari as well. I say go for it!

Where we come from, all children have the fathers name as their middle name. All my brothers and sisters have our dads name as our middle name. Both my girls have their fathers name as their middle name, and so will this baby.

I guess that its common in some places and not in others?

I say if you all like it, then go for it! :)

I don't think it's weird at all to have two children with the same middle names. My two brother and I all have the same middle name, haha. Perhaps that's why I don't think it's odd but Elijah Lee sounds so perfect!

I'm so happy to see this post. If we have another boy I also want to use the same middle name (which is my maiden name). I didn't think it was weird at all, but my husband acts like it's the strangest thing he's ever heard of! Glad to see others have done this.

I don't think it is strange, but to me I'd have their middle name different just to give them a whole different name! But it doesn't sounds strange or weird or anything...do what you want to! :)

I actually like the way the name flows... love the name Elijah too!

My two older sisters share a middle name, it was my grandmother's name... Caroline Anne and Colleen Anne. So no, IMO, if it means something to you, then go for it.

If were having another boy, then the baby will be having my DS middle name (which too Is my OH's name) if were having a girl then we will put the female version if OH's name..x

I wouldn't choose the same name. I would pick something different from that of my first born's middle name.

Thank everyone this is really helpful. I think Elijah Lee flows the best and it's kind of starting our own little tradition of keeping fathers name as middle name.

It's funny cause Elijah wasn't even on the shortlist for our first son's name but this time round me and OH both love it and it just feels right.

Just have to be careful not to let it slip out in front of friends and family now lol they know we are having a boy but we are keeping name a secret.

x

I have the same middle name as my mum. I like the tradition (though I didn't follow it with Ella!) Xxx

Personally I wouldn't as I like unique names but in ohs family ther are 4 brothers all with the same 2 middle names Michael John (fathers and grandfathers name)

It's a nice family connection tho x

just a suggestion our 1st son has got oh's name(nathan)as one of his middle names he is (bradley nathan jay),so when we had our 2nd son we decided to have my dads name as one of his middle names but thats kevan which didn't really go with lewis his 1st name so we went for my dads middle name(micheal) so he is lewis aaron micheal,i do think it is a good idea what you thought of having the male version of your name though,which has actually given me the same idea if we have another boy as i am nicola so am thinking maybe nicholas :):happydance:

What an interesting thread. When I first read this post I thought, "Wow, the same middle name? How weird!"

But then as I read the responses, it's not weird at all! People do it all the time apparently. I have to admit it does seem like a nice tradition.

Do it your way, girl! Anyway, George Foreman has five sons and they are all named George. He also has a daughter named Georgette. I doubt anyone will have the guts to tell him he did anything out of the ordinary!

I think it's cute, and it's such a nice middle name!

Thanks everyone :)

We've decided on Elijah Lee for the time being. Unless I have a complete panic and change my mind again hahahaha.

Still plenty of time to decide but nice to get a name in your head :)

x

My sister and my Mum both share the same middle name - May. It was my grandmother's name. I think it's fine.

I don't like the idea of the same middle name. I like more individuality! I like Lewis as a middle name.

I know a guy whose name is Patrick Lorcan and his brother is Locan (Something else) they always get asked if Lorcan's middle name is Patrick though lol! I think their mum used Lorcan because it was one of her favourite names and didnt know if she'd have another son.

I think having the same name when it's after their father is cute :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->