Same middle name as first born?

I think it's a bit odd. It's just not something I'd think of doing, I suppose emphasis is on each child's individuality in my mind, but I know some cultures do it.

I find it weird to be honest and would just assume the parents are uncreative and cant think of anything new as there is no reason to re-use the same name unless

1) you honoring a different generation (grandfather to father to grandson etc...)
or
2) your honoring a dead family member

i think the idea of using Louis or Lewis is nice

my friend is called Louie which is a nickname of Luigi (bit different)

I personally like the idea of a shared middle name.
In my family, ALL of us girls have my grandmother's name as our middle name (Marie). My mom, all four of her sisters, each and every one of the female children down to the great grandkids.

My husband is one of 10 children. 6 girls and 4 boys. Every last one of them has the same middle name: Their mother's maiden name. It was her idea of not hyphenating the kids' names, but retaining her maiden name. I don't like that at all. My child will NOT follow that tradition. And it's not a very femininely flattering name for the girls. It's quite ugly. No thanks.

But on the other hand, I am in LOVE with the idea of using the masculine form of your name for your baby's middle name. I think that is just a wonderful idea!

I personally wouldn't do it - It's just not for me.

I do think it's slightly odd to have the same middle name when there are millions of names to choose from why settle for one you're already carrying on?

That being said, to each's own. I know brothers named Edward Dennis & Jackson Edward because the father's name is Edward. Just seems too much to me, honestly.

I personally think Elijah Lewis looks/sounds the best.

By the way - I think Isaac & Elijah are a wonderful siblet choice!!!

My two have the same middle name because it's my maiden name and hubby's middle name x

I think Elijah Lee sounds great, and I don't think it's weird giving him the same middle name. However, I really like the idea of honoring yourself as well and calling him Elijah Louis. Either way, the name sounds great!

I think it's odd naming one or more children after their father but none after their mother. I'm assuming they have their dad's last name already? So I'd personally go for Louis or Lewis. It's such a nice idea and it'll make the whole naming thing a bit more balanced. You carried him for 9 months after all!

I personally think it would be better to have a different middle name than your first son, also I don't think Elijah Lee flows brilliantly.

I think the idea of using the male version of your name, Lewis is a beautiful idea!!!. I also think Elijah Lewis flows very well.

Btw...love how Elijah and Isaac sound together for siblings....great choice!.

:flower:

I wouldn't do it personally, but I don't think its ridiculous either! Both Lee and Louis flow well with the first name Elijah :flower:

Thank you :)

I'm now wondering if Isaac and Elijah sound too similar lols

Picking a name is soooooooooooooo hard!!!

x

I def do not think that Isaac and Elijah sound too similar at all.

:flower:

They have a similar start to them, but they're very different names. They don't even have the same number of syllables.

I think we may go for

Elijah Louis to go with his sibling Isaac Lee.

We just don't want to give him a random middle name when our first born has his fathers name as his middle name.

Eeeeeeeeeeh decisions decisions lol.

x

Our surname begins with an S so only problem with Lewis S is it sounds to ssssssss'y if you know what I mean? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->