sandwiches?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
katie had her first sandwich the other day and loved it!! so now i'm wanting to do her more, but i dont know how often she's ok to have them or what i can put in them for her!

the one she had the other day was cheese and coleslaw (was out and grabbed one from boots :blush:) normally i just have like a cheese salad or somethin.

what goes down well?!

cheese spread :):):) or a wee bit of jam! Elinor looooves that! I have started making up sarnies for her when we go out to eat etc cos its cheaper than buyin her something there.. plus I know she will eat the sarnie :) she likes ham too.. but she peels the ham out lol. and then eats the bread :rofl:

:hugs:

god, our dilyns the same age, and hes having problems taking the 2nd stage baby jars with the pasta in ,never mind eating sandwiches lol x

ooo like dairylea?? ooo i usd to love that done under the grill, went dead lovely on top!

i'm thinking of giving sandwiches a miss now...i'm watching her smear her toast into the living room floor :dohh:

grated cheese
cheese spread
jam (reduced sugar)
cooked ham

we have granery bread and they have sandwhiches 2-3 times a week

ooo like dairylea?? ooo i usd to love that done under the grill, went dead lovely on top!

i'm thinking of giving sandwiches a miss now...i'm watching her smear her toast into the living room floor :dohh:

yeah like dairy lee. Elinor likes philedalphia (sp) too. :) Messy times :) But she loves them. We are going out for a pub lunch for fathers day after Joanis horse riding lesson this morning and I am about to make Elinor up a dairy lee sarnie ;)

god, our dilyns the same age, and hes having problems taking the 2nd stage baby jars with the pasta in ,never mind eating sandwiches lol x

Chloe is 11 months and cant manage sandwiches yet, she's only just mastered the stage 2 jars, its very individual to each child, dont worry about it! :hugs:

I'd read that mashed avocado and cream cheese (Philadelphia) was a good one!

We have sanwiches for lunch too because if Em has a proper meal she won't eat her dinner so we found best way is a sandwich. Normally just 1 piece of bread with soemthing spread on it, dairylea or a low salt sandwich paste. We've just got sume tuna so going to try her with that. She also likes pittabread with humous.

I didn't think babies could have honey or Jam until they're 1 or is Jam just a preference thing?

i think jam is the same as honey, but tbh the risk of botulism is so so low!! think kat said there hasnt been a case since like the 50s or somethin! i'm not too keen on giving houmus, cos of the sesame paste in it. she loves pitta tho. ooo cant wait to try out all new sandwiches and stuff. shame she's going to my mum 3 days a week now, who i can only assume wont give sandwiches!! but i supose she can have them on the days i'm not workin!!

i was going to say, because dilyn wont even give the stage 2 food a chance, as soon as u show him them he starts screaming lol.x

We've only recently started Poppy on butties at lunchtime occasionally. So far she likes cheese and cucumber, with a bit of mashed avocado. Tried her with Philly today, she wasn't so keen...Think I might try ham too, and is marmite ok or too salty??

i think marmite's too salty, but i know a lot of people give it on toast!

My LO loves sandwiches! He has had tuna (mixed with a bit of philadelphia), cheese spread, grated cheese, banana, ham...He loves cheese on toast too! He has pitta breads, and crumpets with a bit of jam. Also, little 'pizzas' made on naan breads. He wasn't eating much of the 'mush' so I tried it to give him finger foods - a different baby now!!!

Jacob has sandwiches most days for lunch

there is a company that make cheese spread Prevela or something like that and they do one with ham in he often has that, or marmite, jam, tuna.

Jacob refuses to eat white bread as well fussy boy

Does Katie have teeth yet? She might be able to manange sliced ham or chicken then.

x

she's just got her first one :smug: but its not fully thru yet. she's been eating chicken strips for ages tho, so i might try her with chicken or somethin in ther!

I tried to give Jacob chicken and he just gave me a look as if to say how the hell am I supposed to gum this to death and then chucked it on the floor

I have seen something called Sandwich Spread in the supermarket which is the right sort of texture for them but I have no idea what it is? x

:sick: i cant stand sandwich spread! OH loves it mind! i'm dead lucky with katie, she seems to be able to et her may thru most things - the first finger foods she had were melon and cucumber and she ate right thru them!

What is it? Its look pretty nasty if im honest well it looks like baby food actually x

it's a bit like salad cream with bits of coleslaw in. just really nasty stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->