Santander

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
Does anyone else bank with Santander and not actually have problems doing simple tasks?

They have really pissed me off today! I have the 123 account and they haven't been clearing the balance on the credit card u use so I called up to pay off the balance so start of this month I could start fresh and the wouldn't f*cking let me clear the balance!

I'm so pissed off. It took me calling 3 times talking to 4 different people to actually get somewhere n even then I didn't get any clear answers.

Bunch of wankers!

I left them because it took them 5 weeks to set me up a savings account!! :dohh:

I think everything to do with any credit cards is shit tbh. I called up Tesco bank yesterday and it took me 5 minutes of pressing every option available to actually speak to an advisor!! And that option was well hidden, somewhere you would never normally press!

i hate them, i used to work there so had to open one of their accounts to get my wages paid into it, i'm just closing it now but god knows how long it will take with their incompetentness! (is that a word :haha:)

they are terrible to work for and awful to bank with, i would change banks asap :haha:

My oh is with them and they were a nightmare when he called up to reduce his overdraft. They wouldn't do it in the end, just told him to go online and do it from there.:dohh:

oohhh can you do it online? i didn't know, going to do it now :) that's what is putting me off closing my account, thinking of the rigmarole i will have to go through on the phone to get them to cancel my overdraft. their customer service is abysmal!

They are useless but in a good way! I had a loan with them some years ago and when I started maternity pay I called them to reduce my monthly payments because I could no longer afford it. This was a couple of years ago and they have not asked for a penny. I am hoping I can avoid it for 6 years so I can have the remainder written off.

Woo hope they do forget about I Tina hahaha

It took them ages n loads of messing around to actually change my name when I got married n then fooled up with money I was putting into my account to pay for OHs funeral!
I really should of moved then.

I'm definatly going to change when I have the chance

I left them because when I tried to open an ISA with them they sent me through a letter saying they needed witnessed ID from me even though I'd had a bank account with them for over a year. Then when I took my drivers license in they wouldn't accept it as ID as the account I had with them had my title as ms and the driving license said miss, even though every other detail was the same and it was photo ID. I went home and phoned Halifax who I also had an account with and they upgraded my account and opened an ISA for me over the phone within minutes.

My OH always banked with Halifax, so I have been tempted to go with them because he never had any problems.

It's scary choosing banks now after all the problems they've been having?

Ud think something simple like paying a card off which doesn't charge me so they aren't making much out of it. Going into branch today so this is going to be fun

I worked in the Santander call centre for about 7mths. I can safely say they're probably the worst bank ever :haha:

xo

I spoke to Santander when they were in charge of my old work store cards. Awful!

Dreading going into branch today lol if they won't let me pay the balance ile say fine I won't bank with u if I can't do what I want with my money so f off

I used to work for them in there call centres and i can honestly say they are useless.
People were forever getting fraud, taking forever with complaints some staff didnt evan bother with handing over the complaints and put them in the bin as they thought it looked bad having so many complaints with there id number on that they couldnt resolve themselves!!!
They really are awful. I dont know why i havbt got rid of my debit card with them yet. But there credit card services are the worst. You can wait months for them to sort one small thing out.

they are absolute shite!!

OH had someone using his card in the usa to create an itunes account. they spent money on his card (only £3!) but he didnt have any money in the account or an overdraft, so the account went overdrawn and he was charged major fees because it was a few months before it was noticed.

they sent him a letter saying that they suspect fraud on his account, which was true. (i'll give them that for noticing!!)

so they dropped the charges that had mounted up for going overdrawn (almost £300!!)

OH had to put the £3 back on the account though that the people had spent.

to this day he STILL gets statements every month saying he is still overdrawn cos the guy at the branch where he payed in the £3 fucked up.

it seems nothing is ever on record. u can speak to one person one day and then speak to another person and they have no clue whats gone on blah blah blah. it should be all down on computer. the people he used to ring to sort it out had no clue that theyd sent him a letter about fraudulent use of his card etc. they are just clueless and CRAP!!!!!!!!

so OH is still £3.90 overdrawn but refuses to pay it again!!

Bloody hell!
It's like someone copied my mums card n ran up over £1000 n they didn't even contact my mum even tho the card was being used far too much and in a totally different area to where my mum lived n she had to pay back the money to even get it sorted out.

Maybe that should of made me switch lol I'm going in next Friday when Corey's at nursery for a hour so I don't have to worry about him when I scream.

The boys savings is also with them so even more reason to find a better branch

yeh i'd just transfer money to different bank and close everything! i've closed my ISA with them and i'd never go with them again!! ******s!!

by the way that word that they blocked out says re tards!! :haha:

what happened to freedom of speech??!! lol. Xx

Hahahah

Well I called up today because I got a bill saying if I didn't pay in full I'd get a charge....WTF

Called today, the girl was nice and let me pay in full! I'm goin in branch next week to close the 123 account n switch back to normal and then tell them I'm leaving cuz I've got a account with them that is closed to me for 5 yrs so I want it back

Urghhh i hate them i closed my account with them and transfered to barclays!!!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->