Santander

I am with Santander and they are a complete nightmare!

I was overdrawn a couple of £'s for about half an hour because I had completely forgotten to transfer some money from DF's account and they charged me 10 bloody quid, most banks would squash it or it wouldn't even matter because it was half an hour!

They even put MY money into some random woman's account, you know their excuse was "sorry we thought it was you because you have the same first name!" :dohh:

I'm switching to HSBC soon, my sister if with them and says they are brilliant.:thumbup:

I keep wanting to leave but we have so many accounts,loans, credit cards ect.

A week before my wedding my oh lost his wallet so we rang up straight away to get all cards cancelled...they sent out a new onr for our joint account which was linked to our savings (had thousands in there to pay for our wedding) turns out they sent the card and the pin number together...the post man opened the letter and withdrew 4k in cash...and they never noticed.

Luckily i work for a bank so got an advisor to write a very strong worded letter and they finally reimbersed us.

working there was a nightmare because nothing got done and we had to deal with the people on the phone :( managers were always finding massive piles of account changes under people's desks in the admin department, they were just stuffing things under there and not doing them, eeeek :wacko: most soul destroying job ever!

I keep wanting to leave but we have so many accounts,loans, credit cards ect.

A week before my wedding my oh lost his wallet so we rang up straight away to get all cards cancelled...they sent out a new onr for our joint account which was linked to our savings (had thousands in there to pay for our wedding) turns out they sent the card and the pin number together...the post man opened the letter and withdrew 4k in cash...and they never noticed.

Luckily i work for a bank so got an advisor to write a very strong worded letter and they finally reimbersed us.

Omg! That's awful, did the postman get caught?
It's like when they messed up with the money I had going into my account for ohs funeral. It was supposed to clear in 7 days max n they dragged it out 15 days! They even blaimed the people the cheque came from even tho it was a army charity so the money is always there ready to give to families.
I went into branch n shouted at them and started to scream and cry about what the money was for and they thought it was ok to f me overand all the people in the que where in shock lol

I really can't wait till I can get into town n tell them to stick my accounts up their ass n I'm leaving.

Think I might go with Halifax, my OH was with them n never had a problem n they were great with me when I closed his account

working there was a nightmare because nothing got done and we had to deal with the people on the phone :( managers were always finding massive piles of account changes under people's desks in the admin department, they were just stuffing things under there and not doing them, eeeek :wacko: most soul destroying job ever!

The same was done with my paper work when all I wanted to do was change my name in the account, they never did so I left a loan I had in my maiden name....well bank finally decided to change my name when I got a cheque back from the loan company in my maiden name:dohh:

Thn the idiots wouldn't cash that cheque cuz the name difference, even tho on Internet banking it's still my bloody maiden name....I got married 3 yrs ago

Hearing some of these fraud things really makes me think but i work for a major bank anf of there was an unauthorised payment we have to put the money bak in almost immediatly. Unless its like after 5 or whatever. But this was also thru visa.. Surely then ut wud b the same... Idk

I'm with lloyds tsb and have never had any problems, love their online banking it's so easy. Oh will be switching from Santander to them eventually. There was one point where he was stuck in his £400 overdraft because every time he got paid (he was in a job which paid every 2 weeks), they took it straight out! He never earned enough to get him out of it straight away, would have taken at least 3 pay cheques to clear it. I know it was silly of him to get overdrawn in the first place but how on earth to they expect him to pay it back when they kept taking all his money away from him! It was like he was working to pay the bank:dohh:

Eventually he rang them up, gave them an earful and asked them how they expect him to clear the overdraft when they keep taking all his money, so they cancelled all charges and even now he still doesn't get charged when he goes overdrawn, this was like 2 years ago now.

No never caught him.

I also work for a bank and that why santander shock me so much.

With halifax just remember they part of the rbs group..who in serious difficulty.

This is not good..........given that both OH and mine banks are now Santander :(....bugger.

That said, if you are trying to clear the balance, and they cant or wont do it, I would put in a complaint to the financial ombudsman people, and also when you DO get to clear it, as that any interest that has been accrued since the date you first called up is deducted, as had they let you clear it then and there, you would not be paying it. My dad did this once with a store card.

No never caught him.

With halifax just remember they part of the rbs group..who in serious difficulty.

No they r not with rbs.. They r part of hbos which got into difficulty so lloyds nanking group brought them and the debt.

No never caught him.

No they r not with rbs.. They r part of hbos which got into difficulty so lloyds nanking group brought them and the debt.

I was starting to panic lol I hardly watch the news so this is why I'm worried about switching banks cuz I have no idea who got into trouble n who didn't :wacko:

Tbh they all got into some trouble but alot of precautions have been put onto place to prevent such thibgs that judging by tht alone wobt work. The governemt guarentee 25,000 (cant remember the exact moment) as long as it is in a bank.. U got more then tht then split ot between banks. They have also separted the retail side with the riskier investment side so of something where to happen again then the retail side stays safe (retail bein ur everuday banking) personaly i would cgoose a bank on benefits and services. But take it all with a pinch of salt eg everyone here is sayong halifax is great but imo they arent as they handled my fraud case so bad they gave me illegal advice etc.. So take all with a pinch of salt..

I thought ppl were covered for £50,000 not that I have that much in my account lol
I'm going to have to spend a day in town going from bank to bank

U r probably right! I cant remember the amount!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->