Sassy, Feminine Girl Names

Rscha

Reaction score
We are still WTT until Thanksgiving, but DH and I do spend time talking about names.

DH told me early in our relationship that he was naming our first son (if we have a son) James after his father. I don't particularly love James but I'm growing fond of it now that we agreed it would be "James Daniel" after both our fathers and I get to call him "Jamie".

This conversation started a long back and forth on girls names before we were even married... and we still haven't agreed.

He loves the name Scarlett. I do to but I'm worried about it's popularity and not having any good nicknames.

DH says it's the only name that would fit our daughter because if she's anything like us she'll be sassy little fireball.

Any other names you can think of that are feminine and passionate?

DH likes:
Fiona
Nakita

Okay with:
Violet

Doesn't like:
Lucy
Lacey
Nora
Stella
Phoebe
Everly
Delilah
Dahlia

Scarlett is a great name! :flower:

How about:
Ciara
Aria
Bella
Harlow
Ellie
Bianca

Saskia was the first name that came to kind.

Sadie
Sophia
Ella

How about Lettie as a nn for Scarlett?

0r fiery names that come to mind- Cleo, Layla, Saskia, Sasha, Leona

Freya
Seraphina
Adele
Ember
Ruby
Felicia
Alicia
Nina
India
Isla

I ran these across DH and we're now at:

Scarlett
Violet
Nora
Stella

AND he actually said that we don't have to name a boy James if I don't want to... but I think I'll just stick with that since I like plain jane names for boys anyway.

Scarlett was one of the top 3 names we were considering for Sophie. At one point she was Scarlett Christine when I was pregnant but I changed my mind.

Sadie and Scarlett came to mind right away for me too.

What about Raya (Ray-uh)

Why is your OH just 'telling' you what he's naming your son? Shouldn't this be a decision the two of you make together and agree on? :shrug:

Of the names you're left with, I prefer Violet.

Why is your OH just 'telling' you what he's naming your son? Shouldn't this be a decision the two of you make together and agree on? :shrug:

Of the names you're left with, I prefer Violet.

DH has wanted to name a son (if we have one) after his father. I think it's adorable that he has a strong opinion about it and I respect that he wants to use a family name. Yesterday he did say if James is too popular and I don't like it then we can use another name, but I think it's grown on me and I'm not fond of trendy boy names - but I love trendy girl names. Ha.

Nova (the description of a Nova seems to fit with a sassy, fireball kind of girl :))
Ruby
Alexis/Lexi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back