Sat scratching my head?

xstaciex

Reaction score
My husband and I have decided we would like to extend our family and I stopped my combination pill end of November which I had been taking since feb 2011. I'm confused with the fact that I had a period as usual a few days after stopping the pill and that has been it since. A few weeks back I had the niggling cramping and sore side boob area and thought that was my period but it did not appear. Left it a week and did one of those cheap strip tests and it was negative so left it another week, did another and still a negative result?? Have any other ladies experienced this? its frustrating as I cant keep track for dates etc.
thanks in advance :thumbup:

Sometimes coming off the pill, it can take your body a few months to regulate and get its natural cycles back. You might have really long cycles for awhile before they return to normal. Sorry! I too am trying for #2. We had #1 just 6 months ago, and while I have my periods back, I don't think I'm ovulating yet. I know the combi-pill has similar hormones as a pregnancy, so it makes sense that it would take your body a little while to get back to normal. I hope you get your period soon so you can start really trying. Good luck!

Thanks for replying. It seems to be a common theme with the combi pill!! Im worrying slightly as the last time I took the pill for a prolonged time was before I had my first daughter. It took three years to fall with her, I didn't use contraception after having her and nearly to the day it took 8 months to fall with my 2nd and 3rd. Why are things never simple??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->