savings/things to do cheaply

shazney22

Reaction score
I am saving for me and OH's wedding and I am planning to save £3000 and use this for everything. I am not going for any package deals as I see you have to pay deposits you don't get back plus it will work out cheaper as we are both not working unfortunately. I just need some tips on what to do for keeping busy etc and not spending much money as money is really tight.

I am planning to save £25 per week for 20 months plus I know my mum will help me out a lot.

Any tips? As I am becoming very bored lol :shrug:

I'd invest in a few yearly passes to places you like, so that its a one time expense, and then it'll get you through as places to go when you are wanting to go do something. Zoo pass, local amusement park pass, etc. They seem like a lot of money, but if you go often, they are more than worth it. FOr example, I think our zoo family pass is around $150 for the year. Sounds like a lot. But just going one time with all of us would cost around $70, so going twice pays for the pass. Any visits beyond that are freebie trips, and you can get way more than your money worth out of the pass that way.

ETA: Even if you only go once a month, that's still like 10 free trips with having bought a pass. Well worth it. We have passes to 2 different places around us, so we can have a little variety with where we go, and it has saved us a ton of money not having to pay to go other places all the time.

We have a zoo pass for £30 and considering that one ticket costs £15 it's a great deal! Otherwise just go out for walks, explore, feed the ducks, go to the playground, go for bike rides, go paddling.... Don't need to spend much really!

what about those restaurants with play areas. I sometimes take isaac to those even when we arent eating. You just have to pay £1! homemade paint keeps them busy too!

im a right scrooge so always look out for cheap stuff to do.

the park is amazing for us. its got a huge field, a huge park with a paddling pool & a lake. its definately an all day job.

swimming? its £5 for me to get in & LO is free.
i have a monthly pass though so pay £10 a month & go as much as i like.

walks, weve got quite a nice wooded area near us which again is an all day thing.

i got LO a sand & water table - ok so it cost £30 but so far shes had 3 full days playing in it.

picnics - we love picnics.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"