Saw heartbeat at 6+4, still have brown spotting... Thoughts

Goldenpup

Mummy 💙 ttc #2
Reaction score
Hey, I had pain in my tummy on Monday and spotting tues. Went to epu tues evening an had internal scan. We got to see heartbeat and dr said everything looked how it should. She also said that once u hear heartbeat there's 95% chance that everything will go ok. With this said I've still had spotting and today some lower back pain so I'm still worrying.
Has anyone else experienced this? Haven't told anyone yet as I'm scared when we go to 12w scan, we will get bad news. But really would love to talk to my mum about it

Yes I had this! I had spotting on and off from week 4 to week 6 and at 6+2 we had a scan and saw heartbeat doc said it was strong and all was okay. Straight after my scan I spotted again for a few hrs and had nothing since. In the weeks 4 right through till 7 my back was so sore and was getting cramps but all that has since eased and to top off my worries iv had hardly any symptoms the whole time lol. Hoping we'll both see very happy healthy babies at our 12 week. Mine is in a week and few days time. Ill keep you updated and hopefully that'll put ur mind at rest x

Edit, thought you were in the wrong tri, but it was me! Hope the spotting quits!

Angelbump - thanks. It's good to know someone else is experiencing the same as me. I've still had spotting and today lower back pain. In a way I hope it's my symptoms to let me know baby is ok as like u I've nothing else other than tiredness and sore boobs.
Hope all goes ok at your scan. I've another5 weeks to wait. It's going to be a long 5 weeks.
Please let me know how u get on. Hope all goes well

I had mine weds and saw heartbeat and baby! last night had brown spotting and then it turned into brown boogery type stuff... lol TMI but then woke up and all was gone.. weird! maybe it was some old blood coming out.. went to er and my cervix was closed. he just put me on bed rest!

you should be fine.. a lot of women on here have it a lot :) and they're babies are still fine!

As long as it's not heavy bleeding and clots with cramps I think your fine.

Most women I know have had some spotting brown or pink or red and most of them are just fine.

Hi girls. I started bleeding last Saturday morning on and off for about 2 hours. I went to my A&E dept and then back on Monday to the EPUB for a scan. I was convinced we had lost our little miracle but discovered at the scan we are having 2 miracles.
I had another small bleed last Thursday night but other than that brown spotting. All stopped yesterday and things seem great.
Apart from the terrible nausea and vomiting (which I'll take as long as the babies are ok) feeling excited.
Try not to worry over the spotting too much but mention to your doctor or midwife if you are too concerned.

I spotted on and off till I was 16 weeks preg-- sometimes quite heavily! Try not to worry. Midwife says some People just do spot/bleed, sometimes for their entire pregnancy. Big of course always get any bleeding checked out Xxx

Was your scan transvaginal? If you were already spotting, that very well may have irritated your sensitive cervix, and extended the problem. I've spotted twice with this pregnancy, and would not be shocked if it kept happening. Baby was fine at 8 week ultrasound with a great heartbeat! Hopefully we'll all make it to the end, and have healthy babies!

Wookie - yes it was transvaginal. They had a look at cervix and said I have a cervical erosion which may be the cause. It's just worrying. So many people around me are having babies and I'm scared to tell incase of bad news. But dr said everything was fine. It's just seeing the brown stuff is unsettling.
I agree, I hope we all have healthy pregnancies and get our little bambino at the end.
Thanks to u all for posting. Hugs to u all

I understand completely this brown discharge is just making me worry so much!!!:( I cant stop worrying!!!! :( what color is yours? mine is basically like liquid now when I wipe..

When I had mine most if the time it was watery brown/tan. And i could feel it happening.. Like I'd peed myself!! Xxx

It can be quite dark stringy stuff (sorry tmi) and also I get a light brown watery something on a pad, I too feel like I've peed myself when this happens. Not much but still annoying to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->