Saw My Little Bean At 12 Weeks!

kmpssbl

Mother of 1, TTC for #2
Reaction score
So I had my 12-week scan today! We saw our little bean, and it moved around so much! The little fingers and toes are sooo cute! :cloud9: Heart rate was at 156 as well.

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/Mustang26/10314011_10100723012843538_2588095426398502616_n_zps6db3fc65.jpg

Afterward, I had to go next door and get the blood work done EESH! I was soooo scared, sitting there waiting...
Then when they called me back, I started crying and almost began hyperventilating. I had to learn real quick how to breathe properly. Hubby let me squeeze his hand as hard as I possibly could and told me we were having a boy (we won't know until week 18, but he knows how much I want one, so he tried to make me feel better :) ). I HATE HATE HATE the feeling of needles, and I've never had blood drawn. I wouldn't even look at it!

It's also amazing how LITTLE sympathy I am getting on Facebook after I had asked friends/family to pray I'll get through it alright. Nobody seems to understand how much I hate needles. It's pretty sad that I am not getting support, and instead I am just getting made fun of. Thank God for my husband! He is so good and supportive! He told me I did so well :)

Anyway, next appointment is July 8th (for 16 weeks), then shortly after that, we'll find out what we are having at 18 weeks! :happydance:

Aww cute scan pic. I'm going to say boy too. Looks like a boyish angle the nub. ;). Sorry your so scared of needles, I'm not a fan of them either but they don't give me anxiety like you. At least your done for a little bit with that. :hugs:

Awe, look how sweet!
I know what you mean about needles. If I can avoid them, I will. I had to have my blood drawn at my ten week check up (even though she did a mini scan to see how the baby looked.) I find it easier to look away the moment I know whats going on. Dont look at any of the vials or even the dr. My older sister would hold my hand and make up stories for me when I was younger. Distraction seems to help.

Thanks ladies, glad I have support here :) The vials didn't bother me at all. I am not squeamish with blood. But when it went in, I started freaking out! I hate that area of my arm, and if I see someone with the band, I have to look away because it just freaks me out. I was told I only have to do this 2 more times, so maybe I should invite my family so they can see just how I react, and then maybe they won't make fun of me anymore (or it could backfire, and they'll continue lol). What did I sign up for?! :p

congrats and love the pic.

its not nice having bloods done!! glad ur ok

amazing what u can do when u have no choice xx

Cute baby :)

As dumb as it sounds - I sing the alphabet in my head any time I have to get blood drawn or shots. It keeps my mind distracted. I used to be terrified of needles as well but since I've been sickly throughout my life, I'm used to them. I have to get shots twice a month now so its routine for me. Glad your hubs was supportive for you :)

I know what you mean about needles! When I was about 21 I had to go to the emergency room and they needed to take blood. No big deal, I donated blood all the time, & it never bothered me. But the technician wanted to take it from the middle of the inside of my forearm, for some reason, and he couldn't find my vein. He poked and prodded around in there at least 7 or 8 different times and ended up blowing the vein. I passed out & even had a seizure. Ever since then I have been HORRIFIED of getting blood drawn! I swear I have PTSD or something about it. I'm not saying this to scare you at all... just that I completely understand and would never make fun of anyone who is scared! I myself have to have my husband with me (like you) and since he was there with me when it happened he is so helpful and supportive! :hugs: to our amazing DH's!

Since I have found out about this pregnancy my doc has been sending me for blood work every week. (Because of our precious losses) thankfully tomorrow is my last blood draw for a while. They take 13 vials every time so I always feel dizzy weak and nauseated when I leave.

I do hope your fear begins to subside with needles. It's definitely not fun but unfortunately very necessary. I think the one needles I am most afraid of is the epidural... That one gives me the willies!!

Thanks everyone :) I'm so glad I'm not the only one! The doctor that drew my blood was super nice, thank goodness. She was extremely patient as soon as she saw how nervous I was. She waited for me to calm down enough to say "Just do it!". After trying to find a vein in my left arm, she gave up and went to the right arm. When she found a vein, she then waited again for me to calm down enough. As she took the blood, she even rubbed my hand to help calm me down. There was another doctor there too, who gave me water and a kleenex and made jokes with hubby to help. I will definitely have to make sure I get that same girl next time! Hubby even said he would like her again. I LOVE when doctors can take their time with their most scared patients :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->