Scan appointment (uk)

trinity_enigm

Cautiously expecting #1
Reaction score
My midwife phoned up and booked my scan while I was at the booking in appointment. I'm just wondering whether I will still receive a letter confirming the appointment with some instructions or is that it?

I'm not sure whether I need a full bladder or anything as from reading online some you do and some you don't?

Is anyone wiser than me?

Not sure if you would get a letter, I expect so. Normally you need a full bladder.

I got told at my booking appointment when my scan was she said your scan is on the 18th as if I knew I said oh right is it lol. I haven't received a letter yet so not sure if I will. I asked the midwife if I need a full bladder as I have toilet issues (i have to go for a wee before I leave anywhere even tho I know it is all psychological) she said u don't need to be full to bursting I can go before I leave my house and to just drink a bottle of water on the way. And don't get there too early!

Usually the midwife will give u a letter with info on it, but its just about a litre of water that u have drank an hour before appointment, no cloudy or dark drinks and dont go for a wee lol its hard work i gota tell ya lol xx

I just drank two glasses of water while I was getting ready for the appointment.

I drank so much water for my early scan at 8 weeks that I felt like I was going to burst - don't do that :p

It's normally an hour before appointment go to toilet and empty bladder then drink a pint of water :)

Oh man I'm screwed. I hate having a full bladder lol. Hoping it'll be ok!

Hi my midwife booked my scan when I was at my booking appointment too she wrote it in my book and you get a letter in the post too I'm afraid you do need a full bladder for the scan so they can see baby better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->