scan at ER 4 weeks and 5 or 6 days

qe76

Reaction score
The wording on my ER report is confusing.. I am now 5 weeks and 5 days.. but at the time of htis report I was 4 weeks a 5 or 6 days.

Last period 12/5/13 mean age 4 weeks 5 days estimated due date 9/11/14.

the uterus measures 9.1 x 6.0 x 5.3 cm.
there is a 0.23 cm gestational sac without evidence of fetal pole. This correlates to 4 weeks and 6 days.
there is a 1.4 cm uterine fibroid. both ovaries are normal in size and echogenicity. there is no ultrasound evidence of an ectopic pregnancy.

Impression
Tiny gestational sac. This may represent an early intrauterine pregnancy.

ok- first.. i read that you don't see a fetal pole at 4 weeks 6 days- so I stopped freaking out over that.
second- no one told me if the fibroid is going to be a problem ( but at least there is only one there use to be three)

third- should I be worried they called the sac tiny?!?! and said may suggest pregnancy?

I'd say that sounds fine. The report says the sack correlates to 4weeks 6 days which is approximately correct and I'm sure it's normal not to see a fetal pole so early. I think the wording is a bit...hmm, reserved maybe, but the information seems to be right. Were you scanned because of bleeding?

I'm assuming the fibroid is nothing to worry about as it's pretty small and they're very common, but maybe just check with your doc :flower:

I'd say that sounds fine. The report says the sack correlates to 4weeks 6 days which is approximately correct and I'm sure it's normal not to see a fetal pole so early. I think the wording is a bit...hmm, reserved maybe, but the information seems to be right. Were you scanned because of bleeding?

I'm assuming the fibroid is nothing to worry about as it's pretty small and they're very common, but maybe just check with your doc :flower:

Kidney stones- 9 mm not fun- they wanted to check that it was only the stones causing pain- no bleeding at all-
I just hate the way they word things. I was both excited and worried reading that !

We had an US at 5w4d and only saw sack and yolk and they were not concerned there was an issue. Baby is still too small. I also had a couple of small fibroids they monitored my last pregnancy. They were never really concerned about them as they were small and didn't really grow. The only concern with fibroids is if they are large and sometimes grow considerably with pregnancy blood supply/ hormones. They are very common and usually women are just not told about them.

I had an ultrasound around 4 weeks and a few days and my sac was tiny. Wet back at 5+4 is there estimate ad my sac was way bigger with yolk sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat until the 6th week. It's very normal but I also know it's so hard not to worry! Try to take it easy!

thank you everyone :) Im trying so hard not to worry about every little thing and just try to make it to 12 weeks but it's so hard.. and this has already been a tough pregnancy- the cramping, the (tmi) constipation and now the runs! .. up 100x a night and napping all day- I know it's almost two decades since my last child but this go around (probably my age) it's been rough already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->