Scan baby measuring 2.5wks a head!!!eek

blessfull

Reaction score
Had a scan this morning and baby was measuring 32.6 when I'm only 30.2

The measured his legs,head and stomach all measured 32.6 so sending me for me a glucose test, but said I have no symptoms and if it was glucose intolerance it would just be his stomach,,

Any ideas, could my due date be wrong?

Some people just have bigger babies. My pork chop is already almost 7lbs. I do not have GD either. The estimate is not always accurate either.

I had a private scan at 24+5 and was told my baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead.. well 1 and half weeks on arms and head and 2+ weeks on stomach... I don't have GD.
my midwife also did my fundal height yesterday which is measuring 2 weeks ahead too, she just told me to 'be prepared a little early' ... really unhelpful x

Try not to worry as they are not always accurate.

Having said that some people (myself included) just have big babies! My son was 10lb 6 at birth, so I'm expecting a big baby again this time (tho I do have GD this time around, but well controlled)

At my last growth scan (31+5) baby was measuring big already (head 32+5, stomach 34+4, legs 34 so they averaged her size as equivalent to 33+5, which is exactly 2 weeks ahead!) - but its in her genes (my son is 4th generation of big babies in my family!) so they are not too worried, I've just been told to expect another big baby (which I already was lol).

I have another scan on friday when I'll be 35+5 so it will be interesting to see what they say this time.

Big babies do not necessarily mean a diagnosis of GD (tho ladies with GD do tend to have larger babies) it could just be that you are genetically prone to big babies, as is the case with me:dohh:

Oh and just to add I had a midwife check up day before my scan and my fundal height was spot on at 31!! Then when I had my check up last week my fundal height was only 32 (I was 34+4!) - so again not always great indicator - my midwife described my as 'being able to conceal my large babies'!

With my 2nd I measured 5 weeks ahead with every appointment. Every scan showed baby was ahead of what he should have been and was predicted to be 14 pound plus. Needless to say they were wrong totally he was only 7lb 12. They are normally out by a bit in their measurements. I did get told they only have to be out my a mm to make baby seem around a week bigger/smaller than is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->