Scan booked for 5weeks + 3days, what will I see?

babynewbie

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I got my first BFP last Friday. On Saturday I had some bleeding and mild cramps. I've tested again and although it's still positive there doesn't seem to be any progression, so my doctor booked a scan for 5weeks + 3days. I never had an early scan before with my other two, so I'm just curious what you can actually see at that stage. If anyone has any pictures of their early scan around that time I'd love to see them!

Fingers crossed there'll be something healthy, no matter how small, for me to see on my scan.

I had a scan at about that time (I thought I was 6 weeks but my 12 week scan has put me back 3 days) We saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac. If you go onto my journal (link below) it's the first picture in there, I think it's on page one. It was a TV scan, although we could see it on an abdominal we got a clearer picture with the internal. It was a week later before we saw our little tic tac with a beating heart. Good luck!!!

I had one at 5+4 with my first. We saw, yolk sac and fetal pole.

I had one today at 5+5 and all i saw was sac,yolk sac and fetal pole x

I would expect to see no more than the gestational sac. Sometimes people will see more, but don't be disappointed if you don't. At that particular stage, a gestational sac is all that "should" be seen. I had a scan at 5w6d and all we saw was an empty gestational sac. No yolk, no fetal pole, and no heartbeat. I was worried because I'd read so much on here about women seeing so much more by that point... But everything is just fine. I'm now 32 weeks along with a healthy baby girl.

Best of luck to you at your scan! :flower:

Teeny little sac and probably a yolk sac if big enough to see, possibly a fetal pole starting to come into view. They are sooo tiny, the sac will be only just over 1cm! You'll probably be just a few days too early to see the HB yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->