Scan date... terrified of history repeating

pinkgem100

Baby #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies

i have got my scan date, 2nd Dec, and i am terrified of history repeating its self.

Here is my story... in Aug 2008 i found out i was expecting, bit shocked but delighted as it wasnt planned.. all was well, had loads of symptoms, and great 12 week scan in Oct. then i ended up quite ill and in hospital, before i was discharged i had a scan at 18 weeks, all was well with baby. then went back on the 1st dec for my 20 week scan and found out babies heart had stopped the week before. Went back to hospital on the 3rd and delivered my baby boy!!

Since my loss i have had a beautiful baby girl and am now expecting again but as you can see my scan date is right in the middle of the 2 worse days of my life and i am terrified!! i have tried to change it but cant!!

xx

Hope all goes well for you hun! Best of luck to you and bubs

My first scan is two weeks away, I wish the next two weeks would fly by! I want ms to kick in, I dont care if i puke all day. I just wanna know everything if ok. I lost two at 6 weeks. And now that I am at 6 weeks, I wanna see symptoms progress. Ugh! Waiting sucks!

awe im so sorry for your loss hun! but i think you should keep your scan date and know your little angel will be watching over you and keeping everything safe xxxx congrats on your pregnancy

awe im so sorry for your loss hun! but i think you should keep your scan date and know your little angel will be watching over you and keeping everything safe xxxx congrats on your pregnancy

I think this is beautiful.and so true!! You have an angel keeping your new baby safe!!

Btw this thread made me ball my eyes out. Stupid pregnancy hormones have come out for.the first time!!!

I was so worried as well, but I take it one day at a time....

do/does the doctor/nurse know the significance of the dates? perhaps letting them know might make it easier?

I had an ob/gyn appointment pre-IVF to check out that everything 'down there' was ok (but got preggers naturally!) in January, and told them of my very bad hospital experience and mc, he had the nurse come in and hold my hand while they did the scan and I was crying the whole time, but fortunately, all my lady bits were ok....in this pregnancy, both my OH and I were terrified (and continue to be, altho the little one seems OK!), but everybody has been very kind and patient....

best wishes

I think this is beautiful.and so true!! You have an angel keeping your new baby safe!!

Btw this thread made me ball my eyes out. Stupid pregnancy hormones have come out for.the first time!!!

thank you, sorry didnt mean to make anyone cry!!!

i have explained to the women on the phone and she just said oh well you can wait another week if you want!!! NO i cant wait that long!!

i just wish i could no for definate that all is ok!!

thank you for all you kind words and support.

zxxx

So sorry about your loss and I completely understand your worry. Sometimes, doctors/hospitals/sonographers tend to see us as numbers instead of people with feelings.

I'm sorry they aren't more compassionate to you but as I've learned during this pregnancy...compassion in the medical world is getting hard to come by!

Best of luck to you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->