Scan in an hour!!!!

tddunn

Reaction score
Ok so I am now 6+2. I had a scan at 5+3 and they saw a gestational sac and yolk sac. I am now going back for my scan to see the heartbeat. I am so nervous. I want to see that heartbeat so bad. This is our little rainbow baby, and even though I have had great HCG counts,and my progesterone has been good, I have had pregnancy symptoms(my poor boobs), and The doctor has said that everything is going perfectly...I am terrified!!!
I guess I am just letting off a little anxiety as I sit on our couch waiting to leave. DH says he is a little nervous, but thinks all will be fine. Please say lots of prayers for us. We have both put starting a family on hold when we went in the military, and now we are both out as civilians and just wanting to have that normal family life.

Good luck. Dont be disheartened if you dont see a heartbeat yet though. I went for my first scan at 6 weeks and never seen a heartbeat.. went back at 8 weeks and it was there

So scan went really well. Little bean's heart was a pumping and he was measuring right on schedule. We were very pleased with this. Doc said that all looked great, and that she did however see a small subchorionic hemmorhage. She said it was not big and these things usually resolve themselves. She is having me come in weekly till she sees it gone, and making sure I stay on my progesterone supplement to help with combatting any other issues. I was nervous about the small bleed, but she didn't seem to think it was a major concern, only minor. Still nervous though. I read that rest is the best option, and if it was a concerning bleed she would have put me on bed rest, and she didn't.

Baby at 6+2. Small bleed can be seen above baby.

Attachments

• 20131120_112039.jpg
    20131120_112039.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 21
So scan went really well. Little bean's heart was a pumping and he was measuring right on schedule. We were very pleased with this. Doc said that all looked great, and that she did however see a small subchorionic hemmorhage. She said it was not big and these things usually resolve themselves. She is having me come in weekly till she sees it gone, and making sure I stay on my progesterone supplement to help with combatting any other issues. I was nervous about the small bleed, but she didn't seem to think it was a major concern, only minor. Still nervous though. I read that rest is the best option, and if it was a concerning bleed she would have put me on bed rest, and she didn't.

Yayy congrats, glad the scan went well. Aww I can just imagine the feeling of hearing the heart beat for the first time.

Yay for seeing the heartbeat! Did you cry? I totally cried when I saw mine!

I almost cried but actually started laughing because my husband started pointing at the big screen they have on the wall for us to look at and asking if that was it really excitedly lol. He was so happy and it was so funny to see him just light up. The only down side was the fact that they said I had a small bleed that they could see, nothing large, but they are monitoring it until it is either gone or I am 10 weeks. She said it usually resolves itself no problem, but its still scary.

Congrats, I'm so pleased for you it went well, I was wondering though what's the significance of reaching 10 weeks?
Mw said they'll keep monitoring until it either stops or you reach 10 weeks
Do you think that's considered a milestone week or something?
Just nervous as I've had two losses this year and I'm 10 weeks, guess I'm just looking for some peace of mind.

Im not sure what the 10 weeks means, but i asked the nurse at the office why and she said the doctor just likes to be cautious and said that this is very common and almost never a problem. She wants me to see it go away and have peace of mind. Maybe she likes to do a month of visits, thats all i can come up with.

Yay! So glad the scan went well for you guys!

Great update! Loved hearing the heartbeat for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->