Scan on Friday - Terrified *Update pg2*

Congrats to you! You must be on cloud nine.

As for no membrane separating them...might that suggest identical twins? I really have no idea!

If there is no membrane splitting them in to their own amniotic sacs, then yes they would be identical. The worrisome of there being no membrane is that it puts the babies at more risk for cord accidents and twin to twin transfusion.

Congrats on the good news and healthy babies! My suggestion to you would be to find an excellent maternal fetal medicine doctor to do all of your high risk care!

They're definitely identical as are in the same sac by that picture... If there is not a membrane it means they're a type of twin called monoamniotic (both share the same amniotic sac) They'll refer you automatically for a fetal medicine appointment and they'll explain it all there I imagine.

Sometimes they don't see a membrane at 12 weeks but they do as you progress - they can be very fine and difficult to spit unless they're using very high tech equipment.

Great news they're both measuring the same, did they mention about the placenta at all? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->