scan today

CT125

Mum and growing #2
Reaction score
but I'm kind of sad I think I'll have to go on my own
OH reckons he might not make it and that if he's there it will be a last minute thing.
He's not good with the whole pregnancy thing, he wasn't when I was pregnant with Darragh but he did manage the 20wk scan.
Also as SIL has a hospital appt of her own, I have to take LO with me and they ask that you don't incase anything IS wrong
With Darragh, they thought the nuchal thickness was too high at the 20 week scan. It turned out just to be a shadow in the scan after seeing a consultant etc during it, but it was scary
One of my friends has offered to come and mind Darragh in the waiting room, but it's still not the same even though it's a really kind offer
Just a wee grumble! it's not the worst thing that could ever happen, just a bit disappointing

I really hope he makes it. That's lovely of your friend. Hope everything is perfect :)

Ahh hun Im sorry, I know how stressful you must be finding this. It would be a real shame for him to miss it, as it is a great opportunity for our OHs to be involved in the pregnancy, so to speak.

It will be nice to know your friend is just outside for support if he doesnt make it. Good luck and let us know how your scan goes! Try not to let the stress get the better of you and detract from your own enjoyment of seeing your LO xxx

I know how you feel :( my hubbys not made any of the scans due to being in the army and uk dont do weekend scans (hes only home sat and sun)
Its hard.. Exspesh if theres your higher risk

Aw I hope he makes it to the scan. Good luck hun, enjoy seeing your LO again xx

I have my 20 week scan next week and have to go on my own, it's at 2pm and my DH cant leave work that early. Im worried there will be bad news and i will be on my own. We were both out of work with our first so he came to every appointment.... now we both work full time he has missed everything. it sucks x

well he didn't manage to get there, but baby is absolutely perfect! Everything measured and looked as it should, which is a huge relief. I also found out that the pain in my pelvic region I have had, like I need the loo all the time, is because baby's head is well and truly wedged down there!!
I also found out I have part of my placenta too low and covering my cervix, so I have another scan at 32 weeks but apparently it may well have moved up by then. I don't know if it classed as placenta previa when it's just part of it, or this early on? as the MW forgot to give me the literature she said she would, I'll have to call up and ask them to send it out tomorrow
Has anyone else any experience with this?

I'm glad all is well with baby :)

Mine is low at the moment, but not covering. My me reassured me today that as the uterus continues to grow and stretch it usually moves up. Hopefully you will find it has totally shifted at your next scan, plus you get to see baby again!

I hope so, she did say it may well right it's self. it's currently covering my cervix apparently although most of it has moved up. Hope yours moves too!

Congratulations!!! I have a low lying placenta too, and also have the additional scan later on. It will be nice to see our LOs again anyway :winkwink:

I shouldnt worry too much, it can cause a little bleeding later on, but I think that is usually right towards the end of the pregnancy, and by then yours will hopefully have moved!

Well done for going through the scan alone, and you must be relieved to know that your LO is thriving and all looked good in there! Did you find out the sex by the way? xxx

I didn't find out the sex, though it was REALLY tempting as I was there on my own!! I have popped a few pics in gender prediction though for guesses although they are only from waist up so prob would have to be skull theory guesses which I know aren't reliable. Just waiting on some replies there!

Hehe, you have more self control than me!!!! I put my 12 weeks scan on the gender guess one and everyone said girl, but the sonographer at the 20 week was pretty sure it is a boy!!!

Either way it will be lovely! Good luck in your pregnancy xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->