Scans

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
How far along we're you with your first scan? How many scans did you have through pregnancy and how far along were you at each scan?

UPDATE: my doctor told me he never does a scan before 8 weeks because you don't see a whole lot until then..I'm booked for one at almost exactly 9 weeks.

I had my first scan at 7 weeks because I was spotting a little and it ended up being a TV scan (although we saw the baby abdominally).
Then 12 weeks as usual and our next will be 20 weeks.
I'll definitely do the 3D private scan again at around 28-30 weeks and I'm hoping that will be it!
Last time I had 1 every week from 30 weeks as we were having a few growth problems which was...a blessing (always nice to see baby) and a worry (problems!!!!) so honestly I'm hoping my last NHS one will be 20 weeks and everything will go smoothly.

With my first I had 2 dating scans as he wasn't quite far along enough for his measurements (we thought 12 but he was 10)so they scanned him again at 13 weeks. Then the usual anomaly scan. I didn't want a 3d scan as we were in team yellow plus I liked the surprise of guessing what he looked liked

I had my first at 8 weeks for dating.
We've had a scan at least every month so far, sometimes twice a month but I am considered high risk. :flower:

Where I am as long as no issues then you have a scan at 12 and 20 weeks.

I had scans at 5+1, 5+3, 6+2, 12+2, 19+6, 20+6, 30+1 and 33+6. I was booked in for one at 41+1 but my son made an appearance the day before xx

First scan I was 9 weeks, second I was 21 weeks I believe, and I have my third one booked for the 20th of this month, so 32 weeks. :)

First was at 7+5weeks then 12+3weeks then had my 20 week scan and because baby was a naughty boy had another at 23weeks and iv got a growth scan at 36 weeks and hopefully wont be having any in between but I might have to as my growth of fundul hight is going up really fast

First at 12 weeks , second time I saw baby was 16 weeks but that was just a look because they were checking my cervix , and my 18 week one today .

With my son I only had one at 12 weeks an one at 18 weeks

I refused the U/S at 6 weeks, so our first was at the MFM at 8 weeks. We started having them every 2 weeks from there until 22, then weekly from then. We just had our second to last today (will have one right before delivery to verify positions and make sure C-section is still needed). We also had a few very short ones at the regular OB at first to verify heartbeats.

first scan was really when DS was just an eggy :haha: (monitored cycle to conceive) first pregnancy scan was at 6+0, then I've had one at every appointment 10 weeks, 14 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks, 23 weeks, 26 weeks, 28 weeks, 32 weeks, 34 weeks, 36, 37, 38, and yesterday at 39 weeks. It is common practice to have a scan at every appointment where I live. It's nice for me...but I imagine when we move back to the US where you only get 2 scans the whole pregnancy I will be worried sick all the time if we have another. :wacko:

I had my dating scan at 13+2 weeks, my gender scan at 18+1 and I'm due my last one at 20+4.

With my son I had scans at 12, 14 and 19 weeks, with my daughter I had scans at 11 and 21 weeks and with this baby I've had two already, next one will be 11 week and then at 20 I presume.

With my daughter, I had one at 8 since I wasn't sure how far along I was. I had my gender scan at 20, then around 35 they found that she had a heart arrhythmia so I had one every week until I had her at 42. This time around I wasn't supposed to have one until 20 (though I would have opted for the NT scan at 12) then I would have gotten no more; however, I found out that I'm having twins (ER scan) and now I've gotten the ER sca, NT scan, my gender scan in 3 weeks, then I'll be getting monthly scans I believe to make sure they're ok.

8 weeks-dating scan
12 weeks nt scan
17 weeks gender scan
20 weeks anomaly scan
27 weeks 4d scam
will have another in 2 weeks which is growth scan

last time it was
8,12,20,26,28,30,32,34,36,38 :wacko:

24, 28 and 32 NHS scans (late booker)
And had a private 3D scan at 29 weeks.

1st: First scan was at 20 weeks, 4 days
had another one at about 22 weeks because my OB wanted to see the baby himself since he had never seen her.
29 weeks- water had broke (had about 4 in 2 weeks to check on my fluid and daughter)

2nd
: Had my first at 5 weeks- no baby, one at 6 weeks- baby and HB! From 13 weeks on, I had one at least once every 2 weeks before I had him (I was very high risk-placenta had been tearing off)

3rd (current): I've had 5, I believe- only two of them showed the baby (ER made a mistake and told me I miscarried, they gave me a scan each week until we saw baby and HCG testing each week) I have a scan on July 1st, and then if everything is perfect, I should get my gender scan in August and that's all. :thumbup: I'm sure I will be getting more care or scans since both of my previous pregnancies, my water gushed or leaked in my 20th weeks.

First was dating scan at 10 weeks, baby measured 9 weeks and 4 days. Next was '12' week scan at 13 weeks. Baby had caught up and was measuring exactly right at 13+0. Private gender scan at 16 weeks and 6 days. 20 week scan this Thursday. Then having another private 3D/4D one between 24-28 weeks. Haven't decided or booked that one yet x

Getting dating scan this week and then will get a 2d at 20 weeks. Any others I will turn down unless medical need for them.

The norm in my area (in the UK) is the first scan at 12 weeks and the second one at 20 weeks and thats it. I had my first scan at 13 weeks exactly and had my secons one at 20 weeks exactly. I then had 2 more at 20+2 due to some problems picked up and I'm booked in for another to check baby's growth on 5th July when I'll be 24+4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->