Scared about trying again

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
After having a miscarriage in November, DH and I are considering ttc again in January.

I am excited about ttc but also very scared about miscarrying again. I was so excited in November when I found out I was pregnant and made so many plans - I am so worried about building up my hopes again and then having them dashed. I am also worried that if I do fall pregnant again that worrying about miscarrying may affect the baby.

Do any of you have these fears?

pretty much the same as yours sweetheart (((hugs))) thinking of you xxxxxxx

I'm also scared that I'll never have a successful pregnancy

Come on ladies ..positive baby thoughts coming your way. We had 6 misc before we had our first daughter so know how you are feeling. Actually made me stronger and more determined. Natural to be worried, and i never really enjoyed pregnancy until 14 weeks or so. Chances are on your side

Come on ladies ..positive baby thoughts coming your way. We had 6 misc before we had our first daughter so know how you are feeling. Actually made me stronger and more determined. Natural to be worried, and i never really enjoyed pregnancy until 14 weeks or so. Chances are on your side

You're right Coccyx. We have to look positively and look towards the future. I hope this year there are lots of 'sticky' BFPs for us all!

I always have this fear. Always!!

But it's my dream.. and when you have a dream you fight for it. I am not scared if I miscarry again.. going twice thru that made me stronger physically as also will be stronger enough in my pregnancy. I bet that once we get our BFP both excitement and nervouseness(sp?) will kick in but hopefully, with the help of God, when eveything turns out ok, those will be the best days of our lives.

Keep ur chin up poppy! we are all here for you! :hugs:

I felt the same after my first mc poppy, but the first time i got pg it never even crossed my mind that i may mc so the second time even tho i was upset i was a little more prepared. It's only when you've experienced one that you realise how common they are. Stay positive at least we know we can conceive and that's half the battle - i really hope you get a sticky bean next time xx

I have the same fears. Me and my BF have talked and have decided that after my 1st cycle we will try again. At the moment just trying to get myself back to normal as now have an infection but once things are back on track will definately be trying again. Lots of positive thinking and will try to push bad thoughts away (don't know how far they'll go though)

The fear of it all became the normal for me but my circumstances are quite rarely seen (the continuous chemicals). Its natural to feel worry through one point of your pregnancy even if you have not experienced the cruel reality of a loss.

Stressing whist pregnant is more unhealthy for Mum mentally imo but of course you want to keep stress levels to a minimum where you can and stay positive for your growing bean.

With Miss Caitlin I just kept hoping - I was not positive at all but I had lots of hope.

:hugs: x

Poppy i know exactly how you feel. I miscarried in November and was completely devastated. My hubby and i were worried about rushing into things again but decided whatever happens happens. I am now pregnant again although i'm only 8 weeks my pregnancy feels very different this time. I still worry about it but have been reassured by my doctor and will hopefully be having my 1st scan in a few weeks to make sure everything is ok. My doctor actually said that it was a good sign that i got pregnant again so quickly. Stay positive.

Hi Poppy,
Absolutely! I think we all have some concerns, but I also look at it in a slightly different way now. We've all come through the horror of miscarriage but at least you know you can get pregnant. So many women miscarry and then go on to have healthy babies. Think positive and at least when we TTC next time we're better informed. I've got to wait until March before we can TTC and I think I'll not get so excited next time I find out I'm pregnant (note the positive thoughts there!) but I'll be strong and I know you will be too. I'll have to undergo a barrage of tests but it's all for the best. I remember you saying how supportive your GP was so I know you'll have the best support too. I think they keep a closer eye on you in subsequent pregnancies when you've miscarried before.

Thanks for your support to me and I send loads of :hugs: to you too. We've come through such a lot and we're stronger because of it. x

i feel exactly the same poppy! i had a miscarriage 5 weeks or so ago at 9 n a half weeks and have just started my 1st period. Me and my oh are going to ttc this month so i'm keeping my fingers crossed this time however i am so scared that it will just keep happening. im not very posotive i feel deep down that i will have another one next time :( XXX

i feel exactly the same poppy! i had a miscarriage 5 weeks or so ago at 9 n a half weeks and have just started my 1st period. Me and my oh are going to ttc this month so i'm keeping my fingers crossed this time however i am so scared that it will just keep happening. im not very posotive i feel deep down that i will have another one next time :( XXX

Don't worry Holly. I think everyone who has had a miscarriage feels the same. Most go on to have healthy and happy pregnancies and for those who do suffer recurrent miscarriages (only about 1%), there is lots that can be done these days. I think we just have to face our fears and try again and hope this time it is ok. Good luck Holly xxx

I agree with everyone here. It is tough and life is a worry in general, but we have to stay positive and focussed. Things will be good for us. We deserve it.
:hugs:

Hi Poppy

My heart goes out to you and everyone in this forum.

I miscarried at the weekend at 9 weeks. I have been told today to wait 3 months before ttc again. I cannot think about trying again for a while. It is too painful.

We must all remain optimistic about our futures. I can only hope that one day, I will have a precious bundle of joy in my arms.

Lots of love and luck ttc.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->