Scared and I dont know where to turn.

An update has been long due.... my baby is getting better. After the initial 4 weeks of crazy ups and downs, for the last 10 days he's been pretty stable.

He's off the CPAP, so breathing on his own. The IV came off, so he's getting his full nutrition from his mum's milk (through a tube in the mouth). And generally he is progressing, still underweight, but slowly but surely he should increase. He's now 1.55kg - 36weeks 3 days. Today we just got some good news that he's moving out of the NICU and into another ward! I don't know if i'm happy or not, as it's scary not having the full care and support of the NICU staff who we've come to grow close to.

Heart problem is still there, he's got a fairly large VSD and moderate ASD, but the cardiologist says we'll deal with this later.

But all in all, he's come a long way. I really can't thank all of you enough who've helped us get through this time. They really are little miracles and have tremendous strength.

And to all those new preemie mums with complications, you give your baby full support and believe in them, they WILL come through on top of things.

sing to your baby!talk to him/her,educate your self about,corticosteroids,and hang in there!just love your baby.

Aw, so glad to hear he's doing so well :)

It is scary moving out of NICU and into another ward, but at the same time, it's a huge step in the right direction, and you have to remember that they are moving him there because they know he can cope without the one to one care that you've probably been used to in NICU. I remember telling the nurses how scared I was when Sophie was moved and they told me "NICU is for very tiny and very sick babies, Sophie is now neither of those things so it's a sign that she's doing really well" - that made it easier to deal with!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->