Scared Brown mucus

maccy

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls
Reaction score
I am 6 weeks today and just had some brown coloured mucus in the toilet after my m/c in May I am now absolutly panic stricken I have rung the Dr no apts today so they are ringing me back in a bit...anyone else had this. My last m/c started similar but with bright red mucus!

I've had brown mucus and it was absolutely nothing to worry about, just old blood making it's way out:hugs:

same here hun i wouldnt worry too much i had this for a week straight! and after that even had some fresh blood and all is ok wit my two LO's x

I had this too at 6 weeks - I know it's terrifying but my doctor assured me it was normal. It stopped after a few days.

Take care
Angela

Its normal hun, but still phone your mw and see what she says x

try not to panic hun - i know that is easier said than done. Can you ring your midwife and see what she suggests. I am sure it is something and nothing- i think they say brown blood is old blood don't they? didnt stop me freaking out last week though.
sending great big hugs hun - let us know what they say. Will be thinking of you. xxxx

hey hun... i had browny/pinky mucas at 4/5 weeks for a few days... after scans etc hospital told me this was just implantation bleeding. :hugs:

I'd speak to doctor ofcourse to put your mind at rest, maybe scan if they let you, but try not to worry. :hugs:

Thanks girls...Got Drs at 2:30pm, she said she may book me in for a scan tomorrow. I hope so just so that I know one way or the other. I have had no more though...good!

I'm sure the scan will show you're fine. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ang

I have a urine infection and have been prescribed antibiotics which Dr says are safe to use, have scan booked in for Monday...that was the earliest they could do...blooming NHS!!!

aww hun :hugs: as long as ur not in pain thatsthe main thing xxxxxxx

Maccy, can´t you go to a hospital where they have an Gynecology Emergency Unit?
You can walk in there without appointment saying that you have been spotting and eventually say that you are cramping. They should do a scan right there and then.

Fingers crossed for you hun!

To be honest it can go either way no matter what color it is. I had alot of bleeding. Pink, brown orangy (people told me it was red) then brown. And my baby is so far ok. You can never be too safe. Keep up what you are doing and try to get checked out. It sucks to worry :( I waited 11 days till I was seen and 12-13 days till a scan. It was a nightmare to wait that long.

I had this too, and ended up phoning the EPU this morning. I got a scan at 3pm. Bub was fine. I'm sure yours will be too. :hugs:

:hugs: I had a UTI also. The waits a killer. Is there anyway that u can just go to hopsital? Thats we we just do here in belfast:hugs:

I know its easier said than done but try not to worry too much. I had brown mucus and red blood on and off during weeks 5-7, turns out it was a cervical erosion that I had had for a while but the doctor said could have been made worse after my m/c.

I would ring your hospital and try and get an earlier scan, Monday is ages away and you will just stress out. I decided to go for a private scan in the end as the NHS were a bit usless. Maybe you could do this? xx

Yeah thanks girls ur right though I should just go to the hospital but I only had that one bit of loss this morning nothing else no pain except fpr my kidneys but guessing thats the UTI so gonna wait it out..if I had the money I would go private but I don't so I am gonna sit tight till Mon. We are all away this weekend anyway so hopefully that will take my mind off it.. However if I do get anymore loss or pain I will go straight to the hospital!

Thanks girls lets hope this time next week I'll be a happy mum with a pic of liccle bean!

Keep u posted!

I've had brown and red bleeding - brown at 7/8 weeks and dark red last night. Both scans showed haematomas (small collections of blood). The one from 7/8 weeks has been reabsorbed and I have to sit out the next 2 weeks till my next scan and see what the other 2 are doing. Brown mucus suggests a small amount of old blood. Monday is a long time to wait for peace of mind - I called my local maternity unit and got a scan set up today - that way is likely to be quicker than via your GP, unless your GP specifically went through the early pregnancy unit, but you might be lucky and get a slot if you phone up anyway. :hug:

Hi hun, really hope your ok and all the best for your scan, will be thinking of you...x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->