Scared, but trying to stay poistive...new OB?

ebadams86

Reaction score
I am obese, type2 diabetic, and diagnosed with PCOS. I was so convinced that I would never get pregnant, my hubby and I were researching adoption. I skipped a period in early October, nothing I'm not used to. However, when I had cramping and sore nipples with no period this month, I took HPTs (FIVE) and all were positive. I am terrified of miscarrying, given all that is stacked against me and the little one, but I am trying hard to remain positive. At the same time, I don't want to get too excited.

I already saw an OB/GYN and he just seemed really negative to me. He didn't order any blood tests, until I called about brown spotting and he had me take an rh blood test. Shouldn't he be checking progesterone levels and hCG levels?

Should I start looking for another OB?

I would want a new doctor! I would think you would be high risk and would need close monitoring to give you and the nugget the best chance. Good luck chica and congrats!

I am ashamed of how some doctors will treat their patients based solely on their weight. It's disgusting. If you don't trust the doctor, I would definitely get a new OB. If he's not doing those tests, you should know why. I, however, have a history of mc and still I will not be seen until I'm 8+4 and that's in the States where they try to get as many tests/procedures done as possible $$$! ;) So that medical group may just not do those tests. Good luck!

I would def look for a new Dr. I too am obese, type 2 diabetic, high blood pressure, pcos and RA. I'm considered high risk bc of all this you will be too bc of the diabetes.

I too had tons of fears but you def need a dr that will be there for you and reassure you when needed. As you can see with the right care it's possible I'm almost to the end keep positive Hun happy and healthy 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->