Scared!! Given date for induction of 18th Dec

Welshcob

Reaction score
Just been to hospital. Just for a check up...but now I am panicking - been given a date for induction of the 18th Dec. Also the weird thing as that bubba might then arrive on my mothers birthday (she passed away two years ago) but her birthday was the 19th. That would be kinda cool. Its just scary! I am so worried about things! I can't understand why I am so frightened. I am worried about an induction taking ages, being more painful and the hospital not letting me have an epidural if I get to the point that I really want one. Also with an induction - I won't be able to have a water birth! I really wanted one.
Help!!! Maybe you can put my mind at rest!!! :cry:

I was told that you can have a water birth if induced but not if you are then put on the drip to bring on contractions.

Dont panic ;) You are very likely going to go into labour naturally before then, its just procedure to book it at this stage so its all ready incase you get that far over.
Inductions arent "more painful" as such but generally the contractions start up more strongly than they do in natural labour so sometimes it can be a bit of a suprise. Dont worry about the epidural either, if you are induced you are more likely to be closely monitored and therefore will have more of a gauge on how dilated you are when you decide you want one.

Fingers crossed for you starting labour naturally and getting your waterbirth :)

Just been to hospital. Just for a check up...but now I am panicking - been given a date for induction of the 18th Dec. Also the weird thing as that bubba might then arrive on my mothers birthday (she passed away two years ago) but her birthday was the 19th. That would be kinda cool. Its just scary! I am so worried about things! I can't understand why I am so frightened. I am worried about an induction taking ages, being more painful and the hospital not letting me have an epidural if I get to the point that I really want one. Also with an induction - I won't be able to have a water birth! I really wanted one.
Help!!! Maybe you can put my mind at rest!!! :cry:

All the best people are born on 19 December...it's my birthday!

Hi Welshcob, don't worry- I know that some women do find the contractions caused by pitocin to be harder to manage but hospitals know that, so they will likely allow you to have an epidural if you feel you need one.

But as others have said, you'll probably go into labour naturally before then and enjoy your water birth ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->