Scared I will be disappointed

Glitter_berry

Mum of 2, 1 Pink, 1 Blue
Reaction score
I already have a DD and I desperatly want another..

DH and I have picked out her name, everything we want to buy for her.

I know I say oh it doesn't matter I just want a healthy baby, and I do.. I'm just worried what if baby is a boy.. Am I going to feel sad / ungrateful :(

I really hope if baby is a boy, I will be just as happy..

I just feel so bad, I know I will love my baby no matter what, but I feel horrible that I'm wishing that my baby isn't a boy..

Also, I'm worried about having a boy because my sister has a boy and she has turned him into such a rude nasty little boy.. ( same age as my DD) and she says it's just boys.. which I think is a pile of crap.. She was told 3 times she was having a girl and had a boy at delivery, and was nasty about me having my little girl..But still I would rather have another DD than have to put up with her compairing my son if I have one to hers.

Aww :( I hope you get another girl Hun.
My boys are an absolute blessing they are not horrible at all, it's definitely not 'all boys' if you bring them up with love and respect they won't be little monsters. DS1 is very emotional and sensitive, he loves dressing up and doing my hair, cuddles me all day long and he's 4 next week lol DS2 is more of a bruiser but still has a sweet loving nature. I work in child care and the most of the girls have been nasty brats apart from a select few lol
I felt sad when we had our gender scan with ds2 but I got over it really quickly :)
I think if this one is a boy I'd feel more sad but only because its our last bub and I really want a DD. but neither the less still love another DS just as much.
Did you have a 12 week scan? When can you find out will you be doing a private gender scan?

I had my 12 week scan. And I have a 16 week scan on the 10th of may ( ill be 16 + 4) so hopefully they can see then. If not I will have to wait for my 20 week scan.

Also your boys sound so sweet. And I agree its the way you raise them. :)

How exciting, make sure you show us a pic when you have it done :) fingers crossed you will be able to see.

fingers crossed you get as you wish, but i do feel that a child becomes what it is from teh parents and lifes influences, i know i would say this, but my little boy is lovely, lively yes but not horrible in anyway....its not just boys, i know a few girls who are seriously hard work....if you have a boy once he is here you will love him and wonder why you ever didnt want a boy.....my little boy puts his arms around me says 'love you' it melts my heart :)

Glitterberry i'm in the same situation as you. I already have a girl but really want another. I have a sister and we are so close, i really want that kind of relationship for my daughter. In my head i have already planned how i will re-arrange the room so both girls can share, am focusing mainly on girl names (although dont have one yet), and think i will be disapointed if they tell me its a boy. I have met some really lovely boys, and am sure i will love my son, but i cant help but want another girl. My scan is also on the 10th of may. It will be a 4d scan and I will be 13+5 so they may not be able to tell the gender, although with my dd they did at 13+4. Mainly though i just hope for a healthy baby, that would be a blessing. Fingers crossed for both of us!

You know what if you do get a boy then you can raise him well and show her that its not all boys.
I hope you get your girl but don't write off a boy just because your nephew is a terror.
Good Luck at your scan.

I agree about not writing off boys b/c of your nephew. Really, hon...boys are wonderful. How you raise your lo has a lot to do with it.

Thanks guys..

I think what I said come out wrong.. I know lots of darling little boys

What I meant was I don't believe boy are horrible children and if I was to have a boy he would be taught to be a kind and caring little man.. Not a disrespectful nasty child like hers.. He will hit you kick you and scream if you walk passed the tv..

And HER excuse it, " that's just boys" and If I was to have a boy she would be even more horrible than she is now, about me having a kind, tollerent smart little girl.

I think in the end I would love my little boy, and be excited.. Part of me just worries..

Thanks for the replies ladies :)

Its ok you can only go by your own experiences of boys. We just want you to know that as much as each of us hopes the other gets their gender dream, it will be ok if you don't.

Also my boys fight each other, call each other names, shout at each other. But I remember doing the same to my brothers as a child. I think that part is normal. Kids will argue. But they do not hit me or other adults, because they know there is no way they would get away with it. And if I walk in front of the TV they might lean to the side to see around me but they don't shout at me. That is most definitely not normal 'boy' behaviour

I hear u! I was sooo hoping my second would be another girl because I never had a sister and its all I wanted for my daughter. And we are having another girl!! So happy. Hope u are too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->