Scared of another miscarriage.

danielle123

Reaction score
Last year I got pregnant in July 2010, I miscarried August 2010. During the 9 weeks I was pregnant in the beginning I had no morning sickness, slight breast tenderness, and cramps. They felt like severe menstrual cramps. I started to bleed lightly for a day or so, then i went to the doctor cause it did not stop. I went home after them telling me just to wait it out. I miscarried the next night. Since then I have had 4 regular cycled periods. I recently found out a couple days ago that I am pregnant again. It takes along time to get the first ultrasound as I believe I am only about 3-4 weeks. P.S the test came back positive before my period. Anyways, this time around I have maybe 1 - 2 slight cramps a day, either when I'm doing stuff thats strenuous or when I'm just moving around to much. I have really sore breasts, once again NO morning sickness. I'm tired but I don't feel too too tired all the time. My lower back has a little bit of tension but nothing out of the ordinary. I feel hungry all the time. I'm just trying to compare the 2 pregnancies, I know every one is different but it's hard. I'm looking for symptoms that I might miscarry again. Has anyone had a miscarriage and went on to full term pregnancy with worrying. Also has anyone had the same symptoms as the miscarriage with their second pregnancy?

Thanks. :kiss:

I had almost no symptoms when I was pregnant before the mc, just the tiniest hint of nausia in the morning for a couple days and sensitivity to smells. Now I have just recently found out I'm pregnant, again I have almost no symptoms, just the accute smell and a little heartburn. So I'm worrying a lot and over-analyzing things. Its sounds like you have more symptoms this time, so that's probably a good thing. Maybe they can check your Hcg levels to make sure there rising as they should, and that might reassure you before you can have the ultrasound.

I heard it's no more likely to miscarry again once you have a m/c. The fact that i have no cramps this time, or a cramp every here and there makes me feel a bit better. The first time i had serious cramps all the time that were more then my period would have been it didn't feel right from the beginning. This one seems a bit different. but i guess we will find out!
Good luck with yours!

I had two m/c's before this pregnancy. I have yet to hit full term as we are only at 28 weeks, but with my first m/c I had no symptoms that I noticed (but was very distracted due to how I got pregnant), and with second m/c I had sore breasts, things smelled funny, was tired a lot before m/c.

With this pregnancy, at first it was just breast soreness and things smelling funny, but then things started tasting funny...then nausea hit, then light cramping.

So...I guess they started out the same, but as I got further in this pregnancy, I had more symptoms appear.

And trust me, you're going to be scared. Try not to let it consume you. I'm still nervous about losing this one, even though I know we're at the point where she'd be little and in the hospital for a long time, but would have a very good chance of survival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->