Scared of labour! Anybody else?

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
I am almost 36 weeks and I'm terrified this time around. With my DD, I wasn't ever really bothered as I didn't know what to expect.

I ended up being induced, in labour for 3 days, having an epi that only worked on one side, a second degree tear and doctors having to intervene. Nothing like what I had wanted at all. I am hoping for a water birth like I wanted last time but have a feeling this won't happen.

I just am really worried about the pain this time. I really don't want another epi as it seems pointless with it not working on me. And I struggle to think how I will stay at home of contractions start as I'm such a wimp with pain! :(

Am I the only one who is really scared?! Feel like everybody else is so comfortable with it. I know it's inevitable and worth it, I just can't shake how scared it makes me lol! X

I'm scared too. Probably for different reasons, but my first birth wasn't what I wanted either. I'm trying to be positive for a different experience this time though. Hang in there! It's all we can do. :)

I actually got to feel labor pains w my daughter n I'll never forget what that feels like so at times when I think about it I get a bit nervous of what is to come

I'm terrified, I had so many plans for DS's birth and none of it went to plan. I spent the whole time very confused as the midwifes told me what I was feeling (basically got accused of lying about being in labour). Tho time I've opted for a different mode of birth but it scares me :(. Your really not alone hun.

Yes, I am very much so. But the pain will not last forever and we will get through it. It is harder now as I know what labor feels like and I find myself overthinking what could go wrong this time around. With dd#1, I was induced and just kind of went with the flow when things didn't go as planned.
What I REALLY remember is that once in labor, you feel naturally 'high' so to speak and are in your own world. Right now, I am trying to just focus on that - that when labor kicks in, I will fall back into that 'zone' and take it one contraction at a time.

I'm terrified and don't know what to expect. I just can't imagine getting stitches down there and having to still use those parts to go to the loo for the next few weeks. I also don't want to have the balloon induction that my OB is saying will happen by my due date. Why can't they freeze that area when they put it in? It's not fair!

I think it's actually quite normal to scared.

With DD, I never experienced labor as I need a c section before I could even feel contractions from the pitocin.

As much as I want my vbac, I'm quite terrified, especially as it's getting closer.

With DD, I was adamant that I didn't want pain meds.

This one I said I'd worry about pain meds or no pain meds when the time comes. Basically if I decide I need it, I'd do it.

After some particularly painful Braxton hicks a few nights ago while in l&d, I decided on absolutely having pain meds :laugh2:

But just experiencing sine painful Braxton hicks had made me a little more scared, something if I'll be able to do it. The fear of another spinal is what keeps me going lol

I think what I'm most scared of, is knowing that an epi doesn't actually work for me, and that I have no way of escaping the pain so to speak? I know water is a big soother for me so hoping that a water birth will really be the way to go. I'm so glad I'm not alone on this! Cx

I'm terrified and don't know what to expect. I just can't imagine getting stitches down there and having to still use those parts to go to the loo for the next few weeks. I also don't want to have the balloon induction that my OB is saying will happen by my due date. Why can't they freeze that area when they put it in? It's not fair!

I had a few stitches last time and it is okay. I didnt feel them sewing me up. Use a squirt bottle of water to pour on yourself when you have to pee and that takes away most of the sting! My hospital gave me one and it saved me. Take warm sitz bath once you can and ice throughout the day. It'll be alright! You may not even tear anyway :)

I did the water bottle thing when peeing, really helped! Also when you get home keep your maternity pads on the fridge, feels great against sore lady bits!

I'm scared that there will be a complication or something will be wrong with the baby, but I wouldn't say I'm really scared about the labor itself, just dreading it more than I did with the first time around because I know what to expect.. I got the birth that I wanted and the birth I know a lot of woman hope for and don't get to have the first time around, so I'm grateful for that, but it was waaaay harder than I expected it to be. The pain was just so much worse than I ever could have imagined and even though I wanted and still want another un-medicated birth, epidurals aren't even an option where I'm delivering, so it is a bit scary to know I will have to go through that amount of pain again and wont really even have the option of changing my mind..

If it makes you feel any better, I labored in the tub and it did help me. I also found that when it got really really painful I progressed really quick, so remember that when the pain seems like it's unbearable and you start to feel panicky, you're probably close to the end :) Epidurals tend to slow things down, so if you do end up having to tough it out, it will probably make for a quicker end result!

Yeah, my first labour sounds a lot like yours was. I am apprehensive about it but I'm trying to think positive and just hoping for the best

me im a nervous wreck after two awful births im praying that this labour will be the best i be getting induced which i never had as i was always overdue, your not alone :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->