Scared of my periods

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I know this sounds stupid but is / was anyone else anxious about their returning periods or am i alone?

I haven't had regular periods (heavy one's) since 2007 my periods up until 2007 were 8 days and very heavy my mom and sister also suffer long and heavy also painful periods which i used to have , i did have periods on and off from 2007-2009 but due to the mini pill that i was on they lasted about 3-5 days and was so light and hardly had any pain at all.

Next period was a 2 month period when daughter was born due to the contraceptive implant but this period had no pain whats so ever.
Now i am coming off the depo which runs out on 28th of this month and i am hoping to start getting some regular periods before we start TTC but im so scared that they are going to hurt. My friend came off depo in August and her periods have hardly stopped in months :/

I just had my first ad since stopping seasonal pill (1 at every 3 months). Haven't have o e monthly for almost 12 years. The reason I started the seasonal pill was because my cramps were so bad I would end up in the hospital. On the pill they were 3 days super light and usually brown. Stopping it was scarry, but so far so good. I had a light flow for 5 days some numbing but nothing I couldn't ignore altogether. Hang in there and have some pain relief on you at all times just incase!

I don't think it sounds stupid. I dread having my periods as well so i would take the pill back to back. Iv actually decided to come off it now (5 days now, although we're not ttc until next year) but am dreading the pain and heavy bleeding i get as well...mine is due to endometriosis - maybe you have it too? Might be worth looking in to as there are medications available via prescription to control the pain (naproxen is great!). Hopefully it may have sorted itself out though x

I wasn't scared of them coming back as they used to be quite light but they came back the worst id ever had them! So heavy I have to use softcups instead of tampons (going to try mooncups next).

I dread ever period now and worry about it happening when I'm on holiday or doing something important.

I am right there with you...I was actually just worrying about this the other day. It hit me that when I get off birth control I'm going to be hurting lol. I have really long and heavy periods and my cramps are horrible so I am right there with you girl.

I had honestly forgotten b/c I've been on birth control for over a year and it helps my cramps SO MUCH. My periods are also a thousand times lighter.

I used to get really bad periods before going on the pill but once I stopped to ttc#1 and in between #1 and #2 they weren't very bad at all.

I have recently had my 1st one in 4 years and it was fine. I was expecting worse too but now it is over I'm wondering if something is wrong because it wasn't heavy or painful, lol.

I have heard that sometimes after having a baby they aren't so painful and for me it is true (although ovulation is more painful for me now!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->