Scared of pooping during delivery

For me I did not poop until baby was minute or two from being born. That was the worst pain and the only time I made any noise during labor. Baby came covered in my poop. Had I been laying down that would not have happened but I was on hands and knees(homebirth, have not heard of many doing that in hospital).

I would fear if your that worried you may hinder delivery. Maybe an enema would be the less of two evils if it allowed you to go into pushing with not so much worry. Could do it at home by self when you first go into labor/water breaks.

I was worried about this too. And I did poop, but at the time I couldn't have cared less, I just wanted the baby out!

I had my baby early this morning. I would describe myself just as you have - I am VERY private about these things too (no peeing in front of husband, no farting, no talking about poop, and definitely not pooping when he is even home!). So I too, was worried.

In the end, I pooped SOOOO many times during the labor - like six times. Before labor started, I told my husband he had to keep his face by mine. He totally did that. But there was definitely a smell in the room and I am pretty sure he was very aware that it was happening. We haven't talked about it and I am pretty certain he will NEVER bring it up. With all of that said, I am happy with that being enough of a compromise because the urge to poop was completely uncontrollable! Beforehand, my doctor told me that pooping would actually make the labor easier. So I followed that advice and just went for it in the moment. I ended up pushing her out in only six contractions (3 pushes each contraction) so it was only 20 minutes of pushing. Some poop that my husband and I will pretend never happened is a worthwhile price for an easier labor :)

It will be the last thing on your mind...especially if you don't get any pain meds. I asked my husband afterward if I pooped and he just smiled and said "just a little". It's really not a big deal. My best friend said she was ripping the loudest, rankest farts, haha!

I had my baby early this morning. I would describe myself just as you have - I am VERY private about these things too (no peeing in front of husband, no farting, no talking about poop, and definitely not pooping when he is even home!). So I too, was worried.

In the end, I pooped SOOOO many times during the labor - like six times. Before labor started, I told my husband he had to keep his face by mine. He totally did that. But there was definitely a smell in the room and I am pretty sure he was very aware that it was happening. We haven't talked about it and I am pretty certain he will NEVER bring it up. With all of that said, I am happy with that being enough of a compromise because the urge to poop was completely uncontrollable! Beforehand, my doctor told me that pooping would actually make the labor easier. So I followed that advice and just went for it in the moment. I ended up pushing her out in only six contractions (3 pushes each contraction) so it was only 20 minutes of pushing. Some poop that my husband and I will pretend never happened is a worthwhile price for an easier labor :)

Congratulations :)

I was definitely more embarrassed by the smell than the fact I was swimming about in amongst my own poo :haha: There was definitely no avoiding that it had happened in my case but while I still won't pass wind or pee in front of DH, we do talk about the pooing and it's always in a light hearted way so it's more a 'funny part of the story' than anything else :)

Congratulations Reeshy! :)

I'm very nervous about pooping during labor, especially because we're planning a water birth. I've informed DH that it's possible and happens a lot, and if it does and I don't know it he's to keep that secret to himself for life and never share it with me:haha:

I understand your worried now and havnt read other comments, but honestly at the time you won't give it a second thought. There's a lot going on down there and I'm sure hubby will be focused on your top end xx

Congratulations Reeshy! :)

I'm very nervous about pooping during labor, especially because we're planning a water birth. I've informed DH that it's possible and happens a lot, and if it does and I don't know it he's to keep that secret to himself for life and never share it with me:haha:

My midwife wasn't in the room when I was pushing as it happened unexpectedly but if she had, I've been told they scoop it pretty quickly. We are planning a home water birth for our 3rd and as a joke, I bought DH a plastic sieve and told him to be on poop watch. He thought it was hilarious but has promised to make sure the water is kept poop free so I don't need to worry about it floating around :) I know I'll be aware of it happening but since we have addressed it and dealt with it before hand, I know neither of us will bat an eyelid :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->