Scared of the dark...any tips?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Over the weeks my LO has gained a fear of the dark...on one occasion i did stay in his room till he fell asleep but as soon as i left he bcame really hysterical and i had to go back in...this has happened on 2 occasions with his dad too. We bought him a little toy story night light which he used to love however he now tells me he doesn't like to put that on either. If i leave the door open with the landing light out he never stays in his room...if i leave his light on in his bedroom he stays up all night playing with the switch!...Any advice or tips? I always leave the curtains open until he falls asleep and the only way i got him to sleep lastnight is by telling him to keep looking for the moon, which worked :cloud9:...for how long though?? Any tips would be appreciated? xx

how about checking the room for monster ect before he goes to sleep, it sounds stupid i know but it worked for a friend of mine. Her soon was afraid of what was in the dark so every night they would look under the bed together and in the cupbord toybox ect and then they would sprinkle fairy dust or talc around to keep all of the bad things away and it was enough to make her lo feel secure again. Maybe a propper lamp instead of a nightlight until he is asleep?

May be my next plan of action ;) Wish me well! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"