Scared the worst is happening again.

Jlou89

Reaction score
I had a second trimester loss in January at almost 16 weeks. No answers as to why, the consultant thinks it was either due to a weak cervix or placenta abrution. I'm currently 8 +6 according to my dates. After having a bleed last Friday I had a scan and saw a tiny baby and a fluttering hb.
The consultant said that the baby was measuring at 6 weeks so today I would be 7 weeks according to scan dates.
I've had some spotting on and off. Today though I had a bleed that was more than spotting, and it eased and has come back. I've avoid Dtd, I've been signed off work and I'm resting. I'm just so scared that it's going to end and I'm trying not to get to attached but it's really difficult. I'm so fed up of feeling unsure and just want my rainbow, I don't know if I could cope again. :(

I'm so sorry about your loss, and I know pregnancy after a loss can be so stressful!
When you saw the heartbeat, did they tell you how fast it was?

They didn't know. She just said the heart was was strong for the size of the baby. I don't know what it's meant to be tbh xx

Did you call them back about the bleeding?

First of all, I'm so sorry about your previous loss. I've gone through 3 miscarriages, 2 of them being between 17 and 18 weeks along. It's incredibly painful, and you're very brave for trying again.

Seeing that heartbeat is such a relief when we think things are going wrong, but we know that unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee anything. In terms of your bleeding, you need to be careful. Pregnancy is still such a mystery, even with today's medicine and research. Everybody is different and is affected differently. Same goes for bleeding sadly, but from what I've learned through my pregnancies, here's what I can tell you:
-Implantation bleeding can occur between 4-5 weeks. If you've spotted early on, this could be the cause. Just Baby trying to stick to you :)
-It's normal? Some people are very unlucky and spot on and off through the entire pregnancy with no problems. Scary, but things could be worse I guess!
-Hemorrhage. There's a possibility that you've got a hemorrhage outside the Gestational sac that's causing that bleeding. A simple ultrasound can show this, and if the hemorrhage is small enough, there's nothing to worry about.
-Finally, and the scariest part of all, it's possible that something is wrong.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR! IF YOU FEEL UNSURE OR UNEASY, GET CHECKED OUT! It's worth the peace of mind.

As a Mother-to-be, it's so hard not to get attached. You're growing a human being! It's the miracle of life! But sometimes that Miracle of Life can turn into an absolute nightmare. I too once thought that I'd never be able to cope with another miscarriage. But low and behold, here I am. It's taken a long time to get back to normal, to FEEL what normal is (even though my mind fought against it), but I'm slowly coping.

I wish you the absolute best in your journey. But if it does happen again, know that you CAN cope, and you CAN make it through it. No matter how hard it gets, SOMEONE is out there to support and help you. The help and support make come in the most unlikely ways and be found in the weirdest places, but don't turn a blind eye to it.

Do not give up on creating life. It is a wonderful, beautiful thing, and thankfully we live in the age of technology to aid us in every way possible.

Keep me update if you can. Rooting for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->