scared to death of scan :(

mum2jaydon

Reaction score
So I booked an early private scan for Tuesday at which point I will be 7 and a half weeks , I'm scared to deAth that they'll tell me there's no heartbeat again.
We had a scan at 5 an. A half and saw the sac and yolk which looked perfect, but last time we saw the hb aswell and then miscarried

How common is it to have 2 mmc in a year?

I would think it's quite rare hun. Did your doctors ever give you a reason for your previous losses? I would think you're due for a sticky bean! My RE said reccurrent miscarriages are rare unless there's an underlying condition like progesterone deficiency or similar so hang in there!

2 mc is bad luck they told me, also very rare.

Good luck for Tuesday, although I am sure you will be fine. Let us know how you get on xx

I've not had a mmc myself but have had 2 mcs and I had a successful pregnancy the last time and had 2 private scans at 6 weeks and 9 week I am 8 weeks pregnant at the moment, and this time we don't have the money for private scans so I am already worrying about the 12 week scan if I am lucky enough to get that far. I dread to think how nervous I am going to be when it comes as I am so nervous just now!

Good luck! xx

Thanks ladies, I have a bicornate uterus bit they've never really said anything about this tbh
I get days when I'm hopeful and feel really good and days where I think there's no use in getting excited because it's going to happen again :(

I'm praying this one sticks!!

Thanks ladies, I have a bicornate uterus bit they've never really said anything about this tbh
I get days when I'm hopeful and feel really good and days where I think there's no use in getting excited because it's going to happen again :(

I'm praying this one sticks!!

Hey MUM,
i had 2 MC in a row ( june 2012, and february 2013), they didnt not do any test because they said that i needed to have 3 in a row for any testing.
iam pregnant again, and so far i have all the symptoms in the book and feel very pregnant, iam walking on eggs every day, but i did some testting privately and my gyn said it was bad luck. My first scan is monday and iam mortified!!! last time was after my 7 weeks 6 days scan where they didnt see a baby in the sac, i lost it 3 days later.
I hope this one will be my rainbow baby
This is our time to shine, :kiss:
Stick babie stick :hugs:

I had a MMC last pregnancy with no growth after around 6+ weeks. This time I have a blighted ovum, along with a healthy pregnancy, so kinda like having 2 miscarriages in a row. But I think in my case my hormones (especially FSH) were all over the place as I conceived on my post miscarriage cycle and my body accidentaly released a second less-than-perfect egg along with the healthy egg and that second egg which led to the blighted ovum would never normally have even been released.

My understanding is two MMC in a row is pretty rare.

I had a mmc in July and I feel just the same! With mine I saw a hb at 8 weeks although baby was measuring small and by 12 weeks it had stopped growing and had no hb. Thus time at 8 weeks baby measured a bit big and had a heartbeat but I can't get it out of my head that it'll happen again!

It's heartbreaking isn't it :( freaking out at every little cramp and sharp pain, I'm so nervous about the scan tomorrow but I'm preparing myself for bad news, I hope u ladies get ur sticky beans x

All the best for tomorrow, please let us know how you get on. Pregnancy after loss is such a stressful time, but you don't know it is going to be bad news tomorrow. I was convinced I was in for bad news when I went for my scan with my 3rd pregnancy (after 2 mcs) and they saw a heartbeat and healthy baby who is now a 16 month old, so you just never know!

Keep us posted and I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and looking out for your update

xx

I don't think I felt remotely positive about this pregnancy until we saw the heartbeat for the second time. I agree with previous post that after losses it's hard not to think the worst. I keep trying to remind myself that recurrent miscarriages are supposed to be statistically rare and so this pregnancy has just as good of odds as any but worry still creeps in a bit sometimes.

Very much hoping my 12 week scan today is a good one and I'm that much closer to 2nd tri. I also very much feel for you ladies waiting for your scans to confirm all is well and will hope for some good updates on the forum the next couple of days. Lots of scans today and tomorrow. Scan fairy be good to us all!

Thankyou ladies will update tomorrow as my scan is at 9:10am
Pandi how did your scan go? X

Hi ladies had my scan today ans there is a strong heartbeat and I measuring 7+3 which is about right also due on my birthday :) I have another scam on the 31st x

So I booked an early private scan for Tuesday at which point I will be 7 and a half weeks , I'm scared to deAth that they'll tell me there's no heartbeat again.
We had a scan at 5 an. A half and saw the sac and yolk which looked perfect, but last time we saw the hb aswell and then miscarried

I just want to offer hugs!! I am just 4w2d and I'm already dreading my first scan. My last pregnancy ended due to no hb, and I felt like my heart stopped beating too. :hugs:I'm sure the chances are SO slim that would happen again, hun!! I see your latest post!! YAY!!!! Thanking God!!

Hi ladies had my scan today ans there is a strong heartbeat and I measuring 7+3 which is about right also due on my birthday :) I have another scam on the 31st x

Yay! So happy for you :hugs:

I just want to offer hugs!! I am just 4w2d and I'm already dreading my first scan. My last pregnancy ended due to no hb, and I felt like my heart stopped beating too. :hugs:I'm sure the chances are SO slim that would happen again, hun!! I see your latest post!! YAY!!!! Thanking God!!

Thankyou :) congratulations on your pregnancy! It's heartbreaking losing a baby and makes you worry so much with the next. I'm still cautious as I'm not out the woods yet but . Feel better knowing the odds are reduced to less than 5% .

Thankyou ladies will update tomorrow as my scan is at 9:10am
Pandi how did your scan go? X

It was awesome and thank you for asking! New pics with what is looking more and more like a baby. Yay! So glad your scan went well too! So awesome the baby is due on your birthday...best birthday gift ever! Our nugget is due on my dad's birthday and I think he's pleased about that.

Just finished reading through this whole post. I think worry is normal when you've experienced a loss. I know I am continuing to worry. I have my first scan on Christmas Eve at 5w5d so I will be happy just to see a sac after having my ectopic in January.

It's good to see that your scan went well! Keep those positive thoughts up there and everything will be just fine. Wishing you a h&h pregnancy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->