Scared to DTD!!! :(

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
Basically that's it, I'm too scared to dtd with hubby just in case I cause any damage to baby. I know it seems stupid and irrational! But I'm scared that I'll start bleeding afterwards or I'll have a scan and the worst will have happened!
To start with I felt too sick to do anything, and even though I still feel sick, I've got my libido back, but I darent tell DH or he'll want sex and I don't think I can :(

I had a scan over a week ago and saw baby and heartbeat, measured a week behind but been told not to worry as my periods are irregular etc. but I'm still scared I'll get to 12 week scan on the 21st and baby's heart stopped and then I'll never forgive myself!

I know I'm being completely irrational and stupid but I can't get the thoughts out of my head. Coupled with the fact I had a day with a bit of darker coloured discharge and a little pain/cramping yesterday, it's made me ever so uneasy. I don't want to go rushing to hospital for every tiny pain, I just want to feel calm and relaxed but I can't :( there's no intimacy any more with DH, my fears are taking complete control!

Totally normal to feel this way, so don't worry! We've dtd twice since finding out but now I want nothing to do with it. Sounds gross to me... Hahaha Just wait till after your scan and see how you feel.

Before finding out I was pregnant, we were An every second day couple at least - sometimes more often, and this was even before TTC. Now we have pretty much cut down to every 3 days. There hasn't been any bleeding, but it feels so weird and it isn't at all enjoyable for me at the moment! If I could just not, I would!!

You're lucky to have the choice haha, my husband has totally backed off because he doesn't want to 'hit the baby' (dream on love! ) so I'm looking at a life of celibacy for the next year at least!

Baby bubbles dwllllllllll! My husband was kool with it last pregnancy up until the end then he started in with those comments like "I don't want to hurt the baby " and I was like ummmm how big DO you think you are sweetie lmao no offense lol...ahhhhh men

I feel the same! After a mc last month it's daunting to think of doing anything! It's perfectly safe to do it though. And normal to feel this way too. Just take it easy and don't pressure yourself about it xxx

Is my DH the only one who gets turned on by pregnancy? Lol, I side-eye him when he makes those comments, but I think it has something to do with how being able to get me pregnant makes him feel very masculine and alpha male! He is also a firefighter/paramedic and nothing makes him squeamish (and medically he knows he can't get near the baby to hurt it). Hell, he even DELIVERED our first child! OB let him catch her when she was half way out (because he was trained)! It was freaking amazing and I plan on doing that again!

Totally normal to feel that way! I had a bad experience with it at the beginning of this pregnancy with terrible pain (but no bleeding!) that made me not do it for awhile. The next time we did it, I spotted a few days later. I went to the Dr. in a panic and was told all was well and that it's completely normal. I sometimes still spot a little after sex, but it's always tan colored and light; doesn't last but a few hours either.

Trust me, I understand how you feel! It's totally normal to be scared.

It's normal to feel that way. If you are really that anxious, i would just wait until your scan is over or else you will never get over it. At least you will take away that you kept your baby safe as possible. And honestly, everyone's bodies are different. If someone has no problems with dtd during preg, you could be the complete opposite.

Sometimes, achieving a dream requires sacrifices.

You're lucky to have the choice haha, my husband has totally backed off because he doesn't want to 'hit the baby' (dream on love! ) so I'm looking at a life of celibacy for the next year at least!

I choked on my water as I read your comment! Haha, that was funny! I'm gonna remember that line as I know my husband will also think he's going to hit the baby. Haha, thanks for the morning chuckle :laugh2:

I have been scared to since we found out.. Poor dh has been standing by just waiting for the ok.. I kept thinking I don't want anything to hurt this baby that I already love so much! Last night we finally dtd and I had no cramping and only about a drop of blood when I wiped.. I was so relieved! Now I feel much better about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->