Scared to DTD

hannpin

Mummy
Reaction score
So we have agreed, in theory, to TTC in July. Only thing is a am terrified to DTD after giving birth to Harri, and obviously that is something i will need to get over to TTC. Anyone else felt like this?

I was nervous at first.. for sure.. But surprisingly it went A LOT better than I thought it would. Just take it slow!! :hugs:

My DH and I have not DTD since Feb 28. My hcg went down to zero and the bleeding stopped on April 11. To be honest, I just have no interest in doing it and I feel horrible! We cannot TTC again till June because of the Methotrexate shot I had in March, so we have to use condoms. DH went out the other day and bought some and I turned him down. I just feel horrible.

What do I do?

My DH and I have not DTD since Feb 28. My hcg went down to zero and the bleeding stopped on April 11. To be honest, I just have no interest in doing it and I feel horrible! We cannot TTC again till June because of the Methotrexate shot I had in March, so we have to use condoms. DH went out the other day and bought some and I turned him down. I just feel horrible.

What do I do?

awww.. I'm sorry :( Have you thought about using the natural family planning method to avoid pregnancy instead of using condoms?? I mean, really there is only like a week in the month that you can get pregnant anyway... it's probably not necessary to use protection the whole time. I am sure it makes it harder and more emotional having to worry about it. I would probably try and make an effort to just wing it.. I know its easier said and done.. but it might help anyway for emotional recovery. :hugs:

What do I do?

awww.. I'm sorry :( Have you thought about using the natural family planning method to avoid pregnancy instead of using condoms?? I mean, really there is only like a week in the month that you can get pregnant anyway... it's probably not necessary to use protection the whole time. I am sure it makes it harder and more emotional having to worry about it. I would probably try and make an effort to just wing it.. I know its easier said and done.. but it might help anyway for emotional recovery. :hugs:

The only reason we are using condoms is because we absolutely do not want to take the chance of getting PG till June because of the Methotrexate shot (it depletes all of the folic acid and can cause issues in the pregnancy) Also, I have no idea when I am ovulatiing etc.. Ughh.. I don't even mind the condoms, it's just that I am not in the "mood" to do it. LOL
I guess because of the 25+ days of bleeding I had and I am just freaked out about it.. Oh who knows! LOL

Thanks for the advice! :thumbup:

:hugs: I was scared too but it went really well. But I was really early.

What do I do?

The only reason we are using condoms is because we absolutely do not want to take the chance of getting PG till June because of the Methotrexate shot (it depletes all of the folic acid and can cause issues in the pregnancy) Also, I have no idea when I am ovulatiing etc.. Ughh.. I don't even mind the condoms, it's just that I am not in the "mood" to do it. LOL
I guess because of the 25+ days of bleeding I had and I am just freaked out about it.. Oh who knows! LOL

Hey JPARR01, I can completely sympathise, I think last time we DTD was feb sometime :shy:

Do you think that you are scared of getting pg while WTT, and this is putting you off? I think that is part of my problem. Harri had Spina Bifida (as well as other complications) and was born sleeping at 20+4, which is caused by lack of folic acid, so I too am parinoid my body does not retain this properly. And would really not want to go through having another baby with the same problems (I know the chances are low, but still not impossible). I am now on perscription super strong FA for at least 3 months before TTC.
I am hoping when I have been on these for longer (currently been taking them for 2 weeks) I will feel more confident, and the urge will return. If you know what i mean :winkwink:

I hope you feel better soon hun, feel free to message me if you ever want to talk :hugs:

What do I do?

Hey JPARR01, I can completely sympathise, I think last time we DTD was feb sometime :shy:

Do you think that you are scared of getting pg while WTT, and this is putting you off? I think that is part of my problem. Harri had Spina Bifida (as well as other complications) and was born sleeping at 20+4, which is caused by lack of folic acid, so I too am parinoid my body does not retain this properly. And would really not want to go through having another baby with the same problems (I know the chances are low, but still not impossible). I am now on perscription super strong FA for at least 3 months before TTC.
I am hoping when I have been on these for longer (currently been taking them for 2 weeks) I will feel more confident, and the urge will return. If you know what i mean :winkwink:

I hope you feel better soon hun, feel free to message me if you ever want to talk :hugs:

Yea, I think that can be a big part of it. The doctor prescribed me prescription prenatal vitamins which have a lot more folic acid then store bought. So I just started taking them a couple days ago and hope to build up my folic acid by June.
My DH wanted to dtd last night and I just had to turn him down. I told him he just doesn't understand and he is said it was fine. Ugh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->