Scared to Take a Pregnancy Test tomorrow AM

SabrinaKat

Delighted Mum to Finn
Reaction score
Hi, ladies --

I just need a little confidence to try test AM.

I'm 43 and was about to start IVF (the very next cycle) after a M/C August 2009 at 7 weeks, and I'm late - very, very, very late - day 59. My periods are somewhat erratic, range from 23ish to 44 days (the 44 days was a year to the month of m/c and the doctor put me on metformin 1500 mg, to help regulate better, so now 23ish-35 days), and underactive thyroid realised in Jan 2011 and adjusted May 2011 and now....so why am I scared?

Because if I'm not pregnant, then something is wrong and I'll need more blood tests, scans, etc., and I wanted to start IVF!!! If pregnant, then fantastic and I would be about 8 1/2 weeks (and am acting/eating as if pregnant -- no drink, I quit smoking back in Jan-March (hard to do), sleeping well, etc., ) and my body acts like it's pregnant - huge breasts, upset stomach, sweaty-ish, exhausted, etc., but what if it's all in my mind? and that is why I am scared to take a test!

I waited until tomorrow as I am seeing the doc tomorrow and if I take it tomorrow AM, then won't have to sleep with the upset if I'm not.

Advice? (and thanks!)

Hi Sabrina!
If you might be pregnant, bring it up with your doc tomorrow and they'll do a blood test. Fingers crossed for you, this would be great news!!! :dust:

Hi Sabrina

This is just me, but I'd do it now (they're not a 100% anyway!) otherwise I wouldn't sleep the night waiting to go to the doctor. And then the blood test will confirm anyway. I don't know though - everyone is different. I know what you mean about symptoms - I think mine may be imaginary because I want it so much.

I just feel that there is no point in waiting and being scared, it is what it is! If you are pregnant, FANTASTIC! but if not, you can then move forward and get on with the next steps.

I really wish you all the best and let us know how things turn out.

Elodie

Hi there, I think maybe you have to say to yourself that if it's positive then yay!!! if not, then you are moving onto IVF anyway, so you will not be worse off. get it over and done with. we can all here to support you if you need us :hug:

Good luck another 43 year old...Maybe you are pregnant!!!

did the test - couldn't wait. Am pregnant - about 8/9 weeks - so pleased, at least nothing wrong, now the wait to take various tests to make sure all ok...thanks guys!

did the test - couldn't wait. Am pregnant - about 8/9 weeks - so pleased, at least nothing wrong, now the wait to take various tests to make sure all ok...thanks guys!

Woohoo! Fantastic news! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

x x x

PS And you're nearly a quarter of the way there! Yayyyyy! x

Oh wow!!!!!! That just put a HUGE smile on my face!! Thank you for sharing.
Be well & please let us know how you are doing.
I am certain right now you are feeling quite amazing!!!
Peace-
You are a glimmer of hope for the rest of us who will continue on this journey....until we either succeed or turn yellow from peeing on so many sticks.....

Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you. Gives me hope :hugs:

oh wow congratulations i bet your really excited!!!! All that waiting too am i? aren't i?hehe!! I know if i leave testing after AF is due it normally works in my favour. Have a happy and healthy 9 months xxxx

Wow Sabrina! Fab news, wishing you a truly super sticky little bean in there!!
xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->