Scared to Take a Pregnancy Test tomorrow AM

Thanks guys - saw the GP today and have arranged scan for next Wednesday, so hopefully....

for everybody trying - it's been two long years (almost to the day to this m/c early Aug 2009) and even stopping trying pregnancy tests after the first year (hence, why I waited so long this time), but some advice -- get all and any blood tests done, especially thyroid as thyroid problems can possibly make it harder to get pregnant. Also, am taking metformin 1500 mg as some studies have shown helps cut miscarriage rate (others disagree) and that's it, besides folic acid/multi-vitamin, but it was two years (ok, a year and a half of losing weight, lots of blood tests, gentle walking/exercise and quitting smoking...(I didn't smoke when I found out was preg last time!)) but can only hope that this works out. My DH and I decided that if I do lose this one, we will go to egg donation as perhaps my own in IVF might work, but after two m/cs at 43, a little harder.

Best wishes to anyone.

Thanks!

Sabrina,wishing u lots of happiness and a really sticky bean,well done Hun,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks guys - saw the GP today and have arranged scan for next Wednesday, so hopefully....

for everybody trying - it's been two long years (almost to the day to this m/c early Aug 2009) and even stopping trying pregnancy tests after the first year (hence, why I waited so long this time), but some advice -- get all and any blood tests done, especially thyroid as thyroid problems can possibly make it harder to get pregnant. Also, am taking metformin 1500 mg as some studies have shown helps cut miscarriage rate (others disagree) and that's it, besides folic acid/multi-vitamin, but it was two years (ok, a year and a half of losing weight, lots of blood tests, gentle walking/exercise and quitting smoking...(I didn't smoke when I found out was preg last time!)) but can only hope that this works out. My DH and I decided that if I do lose this one, we will go to egg donation as perhaps my own in IVF might work, but after two m/cs at 43, a little harder.

Best wishes to anyone.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your story (TTC & weight loss) and inspiring us all! :happydance:

Yahoo! Congrats and wishing you a long happy pregnancy.

Best wishes to anyone.

Thanks!

Congrats SabrinaKat! This gives me hope....I am 43 and have a DS who is almost 3. Lat year I was delighted to find myself pregnant again with his longed for sibling. Sadly I suffered a mc at 12 weeks and, despite our very best efforts have not managed to get pregnant again since (it was my 3rd mc but the others were before my DS was born). I too have under active thyroid (diagnosed in 2001) but it is well regulated through medication and I have no symptoms so I am happy that this is not the cause for me, but it is good that you remind people to insist on being tested for it. I keep telling myself that it CAN and please God, WILL happen again for me and stories like yours help me to keep the faith :flower: x

Oh wow Sabrina just saw your update, congratulations!!!!!

Wow that is amazing news Sabrina!! I have just begun to TTC again and I am 47.. I am so excited for you and hope that everything goes the way its supposed to and you get a beautiful bundle of joy in 7 more months!!

I was waiting until tomorrow morning since that is what the thread title said, but I am so glad I checked it tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->