scared to ttc after mmc- Luteal Phase Defect

rai2

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I wondered if anyone thinks they have had a miscarriage because of a Luteal Phase Defect? When I was TTC I was suspicious that my cycles were too short (24 days) and just thought I wouldn't fall pregnant. However I did conceive first month trying and then sadly found out I had a mmc at 8 weeks. I am pretty sure it has been because of lpd. Before my miscarriage I only really took note of ewcm on a couple of occasions and I had this on day 15/16 of a 24 days cycle. This last month since my miscarriage I have used cbfm and temping and this has shown I ovultaed on day 20 of a 30 day cycle. All evidence so far pointing to porblems with my luteal phase.

I am really worried and mainly gutted that I feel I can't ttc again until I get this sorted as really don't want to go through it again and somehow I feel awful that I miscarried due to something that was wrong with my body as opposed to something wrong with the embryo! I know I don't know this for sure but my gut is telling me this.

I would love to hear any success stories anyone has had and I am confused of where to go from here..... maybe acupuncture and B vitamins? Or do I go to the doctors and ask for progesterone testing first?

Thank you everyone x

Sorry for you loss hun :hugs: I didn't want to read and run.
I don't know much about lpd's but I have read that a LP of 10 is still ok.

Thanks for your reply dazed! I was praying I'd reach the 10 day but just reached 9 this month :( Lots of luck with TTC for you!! xx

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

Im not sure myself hun but would probs say to go to your doctors and hopefully they will do tests and be able to put your mind at ease - sorry i couldnt be more helpful.

Best of luck <3

Em x

Thanks Em and lots of luck to you too. Here's to a happy and successful 2011 xx

Thank you sweety :hugs:

Will have my fingers crossed for you! <3

Em xx

Hi there.
I am not an expert, but I always thought that having a short LP meant that you had problems inplanting. Meaning that by the time you ovulated, you wouldnt have enough time for the egg to implant before your period came.
But judging by the fact that you managed to conceive (sorry for your loss) and your baby stayed for 8 weeks, I wouldnt have thought it was because of your short LP.
Forgive me if Im wrong.
Also, I have been reading up on Soy Isoflavones. They are a natural plant extract, taken in pill form, and are usually taken for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle. It is thought that they trick your body into ovulating earlier in your cycle, therefore lengthening your LP.
Hope this helps, Hun
xx

I have a 10 day lp as well
I did concieve 2 healthy full term pregnancies with it though.
and had the problem even then.
I have recently been diagnosed with MTHFR which causes my body to be deficient in b vits and the lack of B6 can cause prgesterone issues.
which in turn causes a short lp
if you have a chart I can look at I would be more than happy to give it a look to confirm your suspicions

Thanks for the info Shelleney! I too thought when I first TTC again that if I did have a short lp then I just wouldn't fall pregnant but from what I have read since you can conceive but it will end in miscarriage.
Thanks Mom23monkies- I will post my chart so if you could have a look I'd be grateful. It doesn't look great as my temp seemed so up and down throughout really and esp in the LP which I know can indicate low progesterone. But it was my first cycle since miscarriage and I ovulated later than I had pre miscarriage- which I think used to be day 15/16 of a 24 day cycle.

Thanks everyone for your help xx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/148565

going JUST by your temps I would say you o'd a day earlier and actually give you another day on your LP. but your monitor had a positive the next day too so its hard to tell (honestly I dont care for monitors but thats just my personal opinion but my RE said they tend to be a waste of money as well.)
but yeah it does look short.
Try taking 100 mg of b6 a day
SOme say that it causes cm problems I havent ever seen a problem like that personaly but you could take muscinex or robi to help with that.
It is the first cycle after mc so maybe thats just got you thrown off
Good luck!!

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time for me. Lots of luck with your ttc journey too xx

You could have low progesterone? My lp is 7 days to sometimes 10
got pregnant last cycle but didn't have time to implant :( my positives dissapeared second day of bleeding so I am using progesterone cream. Whatever u do. Good luck hun. Sorry fir your loss
hugs

Thanks feelcrazy... low progesterone is def what I am concerned about! I am sorry for your loss too and I hope you get your BFP v soon. Lots of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->