Scared with new pregnancy but doin OK...

Hello, just had scan and everything looks fine for now, measuring exactly what I thought 13w 1 day. This is all very well but I know the next 3-4 weeks are critical. Have a gender scan on the 23rd private so please god let baby be OK still. Thank u for all your support you ladies are amazing xxxxxxxxxx

Hey that's great news that all seems ok! You must be slightly relieved although still have loads of worries which is expected after past experiences.

Keep strong & positive but good news that ur little rainbow is doing exactly what it should be xx

so pleased everything is okay...that's one milestone passed :)

10 more days of worrying for me until my scan...wish it would hurry up!

I totally understand why you are still scared, you are coming up on the time you lost your little angel. I won't relax a little till I get past 23 weeks (when I lost my girls) and then I will feel much better when I get a bit further on and have a chance of a good outcome if I go into labour early.

I wish we could just stop thinking about all this stuff and relax...

xxx

So glad all is well, hoping you can stay positive for the next few weeks till your gender scan. We'll help distract you if we can!

Mhairi, hope you stay breathing and as calm as you can till your next scan too. xxx

well I'm busy working, decorating my house and with Christmas and a 2 year old to look after I am keeping busy which is helping alot! I just need to get this month over with, a new year and hopefully a fresh new start if everything goes well. Good bye 2011 you are definately one I want to forget!

Good luck mhazzab, keep me posted after you have your scan I'm sure everything will be just fine xxxxxxxxx

well I'm busy working, decorating my house and with Christmas and a 2 year old to look after I am keeping busy which is helping alot! I just need to get this month over with, a new year and hopefully a fresh new start if everything goes well. Good bye 2011 you are definately one I want to forget!

Good luck mhazzab, keep me posted after you have your scan I'm sure everything will be just fine xxxxxxxxx

I am so happy to hear everything is going so well. Time is going so fast, before you know it you will have your little precious one in your arms..
I am so happy for you:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello, just had scan and everything looks fine for now, measuring exactly what I thought 13w 1 day. This is all very well but I know the next 3-4 weeks are critical. Have a gender scan on the 23rd private so please god let baby be OK still. Thank u for all your support you ladies are amazing xxxxxxxxxx

:happydance: Glad everything went well.

I spent my whole pregnancy a wreck. It's hard not to keep worrying. But it's all worth it in the end.

Hmmm not so impressed with my Antenatal care at present. I know I chose to do my booking in (which is next Monday) after the dating scan last week but it does appear that there will be no extra tests or investigation in this pregnancy because I haven't suffered 3 consecutive losses in a row.

I'm O Negative and have PCOS so I want them to check my progestorone levels when they do my bloods next week. They'll also test my level of antibodies as I'm really worried my body will make them against the baby. Oh I know I'm delving deep into all this but you can't help yourself!!

At the moment I am taking on board the advice others have given me which is because we never got a reason why it happened it is much rarer for it to happen again. 13 more days and we are past the dreaded loss date. Will keep you's posted! xxx

Thought I'd give you a quick reply...I think its rubbish that as you've not had 3 in a row that your not classed high risk enough. I hate it that us ladies are just statistics. I wonder if the people who make decisions about the care we get after 2nd tri losses have ever had to endure the pain & heartache. I would imagine not & I wouldnt wish it on them. They may have an understanding of how frightening it must be carrying a little rainbow & fearing the worst.

However like you say if no reason was found last time the chances of anything going wrong again are small. I've heard of far more success stories after 2nd tri losses. It must be terrifying waiting to get past the next 13 days. But keep strong hun, eat loads on Christmas day, try and get involved in the Christmas spirt (minus the alcohol) and those 13 days will whizz by.

xx

Hmmm not so impressed with my Antenatal care at present. I know I chose to do my booking in (which is next Monday) after the dating scan last week but it does appear that there will be no extra tests or investigation in this pregnancy because I haven't suffered 3 consecutive losses in a row.

I'm O Negative and have PCOS so I want them to check my progestorone levels when they do my bloods next week. They'll also test my level of antibodies as I'm really worried my body will make them against the baby. Oh I know I'm delving deep into all this but you can't help yourself!!

At the moment I am taking on board the advice others have given me which is because we never got a reason why it happened it is much rarer for it to happen again. 13 more days and we are past the dreaded loss date. Will keep you's posted! xxx

Hmmm...as far as I can see, this isn't good enough of them to say that, that's a ridiculous thing for them to say - one loss is more than enough to suffer why would you wait for three? I've been offered extra care this time around, and the twins were my first loss. I was prepared to fight them for it, but was surprised when it was offered. I'm seeing the consultant after my scan next week, and will get a vaginal swab done. From 20 weeks I will get more swabs, plus cervix length check at my scan, and a consultant appt.Depends on those results as to what happens next, but will definately get scanned at least at 24 and 28 weeks.
hope you manage to get some extra care, and I will be thinking of you over the next couple of weeks as i know it will be hard - I'm dreading close to 23 weeks because I know I will be a wreck...!

take care xxx

I had my booking in apt with my m/w on Monday and she actually said that if I lose this baby around the same time, they will actually investigate. She said the 3 consecutive rule really only applies to losses in the first 12 weeks so this is a bit comforting.

Shold get my blood test results back today or tomorrow. We need the rhesus antibodies test to come back negative. If it's positive then I just presume they give me a shot of anti-d.

Really doing well not be panicking as much. Keeping my thoughts positive :)

4D scan yesterday showed it's a boy! She said everything looked fine so lets see if I get to next Thurs/Fri. Have a good Christmas with your family everyone xx

wonderful news, take it easy over the next few days and I can't wait to see a message from you in a couple of weeks to say you have safely passed 16 weeks (and I know you will).
Merry christmas xxx

4D scan yesterday showed it's a boy! She said everything looked fine so lets see if I get to next Thurs/Fri. Have a good Christmas with your family everyone xx

:blue: Yay! Keep well hun & enjoy Christmas. xx

16 weeks today, it's finally come round and it's also my 30th!!! I don't really know how I feel but I can feel those worries creeping back but hey, no point in stressing myself out, let's give it a couple more weeks eh. Hope you all had a fab Christmas! xxx

I can understand why you are nervous I can't wait to get past 23 weeks.
Got everything crossed that the next couple of weeks are uneventful for you.

Happy birthday :hugs: enjoy your day. Xxx

Hey mhazzab, are you using a doppler? I've been using the Angelsounds since 8 weeks and was checking every week. Now it's more like every day!!! xx

I think come my day I will be the same way. I lost my daughter at 16 weeks as well. Big :hugs: to you as you get through this next stressful stretch :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->