scared

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by kristen77, Aug 24, 2009.

1. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

hi girls,

i just had to post as i don't feel like i have anyone to talk to. i'm 7+4 today and feeling really emotional. i found out in april when i was 7+4 that i had had a MMC. i am so happy to be pg, we want this baby so much, but i am so scared that something is going to go wrong. we went for an emergency scan at 6+1 as my GP was worried i was having a molar pg and all was fine - saw a heartbeat and it was amazing. we are going for another scan on thursday which will be 8 weeks and after that we are going to tell family. i just feel so scared all the time that something might go wrong. i couldn't stand it if we lost our bean, especially after seeing her/him with his/her heart beating away.

sorry to make such a depressing post but my OH is at work and i just tried to call him but must have got him at a bad time as he was really short with me and practically hung up on me. :cry:

kristen xx

[​IMG]

2. Laughing Girl

Laughing Girl Well-Known Member

Hey, try not to worry - easier said than done, I know, especially as today will be a difficult milestone for you to get past in your mind. Things will be ok though - honestly. The great thing is that you saw a heart beat, and its unlikely that it will have stopped beating, especially if it was a decent count.

x x

3. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Congrats on your BFP. I think its a lot scarier if you've previously had a MC. Having already seen the heartbeat is a really good sign and does lower the chances that there will be a MC this time. My sister had a MC first time around and second time everything went smoothly. FX'd for a happy health 9 months.

4. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

Im sure all will be fine.
    good luck for your scan :hugs:

5. chocaholic

chocaholic Well-Known Member

A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% - direct from m/c association website. The odds really are stacked in your favour so try not to worry.

I too had a mmc in April, found out at 10 week scan.

This time saw hb at 6 and 8+4 now 14 weeks. Really good luck, I'm sure you and baby will be fine xx

6. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

thanks girls. it was 120bpm, which the scanner lady said was good as it had probably only just started - said it would go up to about 160bpm in the next few days.

i just want this week to be over, want thursday to have gone and everything to be ok. i know i shouldn't be wishing my life away like this but it's just so hard!!! men have no idea!X

[​IMG]

7. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

they really do have no idea - which is why you have us girls here
    Good luck and am sure everything will be ok xx

8. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

Good luck! I am in the same boat. A MC (although mine was a few years ago) and now pg again. I only made it to 6-7wks last time. I really wanted my Dr. to give me an early U/S but they wouldn't do it before this week. I go in on Wednesday and I am SOOO nervous to see what is or isn't in there!!!

9. franiss

franiss Mum to a beautiful boy

hi hun

im feeling much the same, i mc in feb this year at 6+6 and i cant stop worrying!
    We are always here to talk to - dont apologise what u are feeling is completely normal.
    Best of luck for your scan hun
    xx