Scared...

Wafflewaffle

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am really scared that when I have my 12wk scan there won't be anyone in there.
I know the yolk sack is there as I had an early scan at 5 weeks but at that stage it was too early to see if there was actually anything in there & now I'm terrified I'm gonna go for my scan & they are gonna say sorry no one is in there!
:nope::nope::nope:

Try not to worry Waffle!!

I know it's easier said than done, but I felt exactly the same before my scan - i think most people do. Even though I've had every pregnancy symptom in the book I still started to think i'm imagining it all!!

However, we had it Tuesday and the little bean was described as a 'textbook baby' and was wriggling around like mad in there. It was such an amazing feeling.

How long until your 12 week scan?

I think loads of women feel this way, espechially with their first pregnancy. I was the same when I was pregnant with DD, noone had done a pregnancy test to confirm the pregnancy other than me, so I was convinced that I had imagined the whole thing and that they would tell me there was nothing there, obviously I worried for nothing :) It was a lovely experience!

Its positive sign that they saw the sac etc at 5 weeks.

Good Luck :) x

I think loads of women feel this way, espechially with their first pregnancy. I was the same when I was pregnant with DD, noone had done a pregnancy test to confirm the pregnancy other than me, so I was convinced that I had imagined the whole thing and that they would tell me there was nothing there, obviously I worried for nothing :) It was a lovely experience!

Its positive sign that they saw the sac etc at 5 weeks.

Good Luck :) x

This is the same as me :dohh: I really wish they'd have done a test to set my mind at ease! I've only been nauseous on and off and I'm scared its all in my head despite doing tests! I keep checking the photo I took of the clear blue one to make sure it does actually say 'pregnant' on it!

I dont have my scan for almost two weeks. But last pregnancy I had no idea of all the bad things that could happen. Last time wasnt planned and I was more scared in general. Now I know about all these things that can go wrong and I'm nervous. Trying to focus on a healthy baby nut its hard.

I feel the same way! But just think you haven't got AF yet so that must be a good sign :) I'm sure you have a perfectly healthy little baby in there!! If only it was easy to think that way. Good luck! You will be fine!!

I feel the same, possibly more so with this pregnancy than last time. Last time I had a private scan at 6 weeks so had seen the heartbeat already, we haven't done this this time. Also my friend who was just 2 weeks ahead of me unfortunately lost her baby at 6 weeks but only had a mc last weekend. The fact i'm getting symptoms makes me feel better, but even those come and go, so I just can't wait til 12 week scan. It will be exciting but nerve wracking at the same time.

Thanks everyone, I don't know yet when my scan is :( have my booking appointment next Thursday and it will be discussed then hopefully they will finally give me a date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->