Scared.....

prettypenny

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here :)
I'm 19 years old and 11 weeks pregnant, but i've known for about a month. Things have been really hard for me lately, and i'm just worried about how i am going to be able to take care of a baby. My baby's father and i are no longer together, so i am going to have to do this thing by myself.
It is really discouraging, especially when i'm on the bathroom floor at 2am, puking my guts out with no one to hold my hand. i want so much to be able to give this baby a wonderful life, but i don't know how i can do that when i can barely get it together myself.
I don't have friends where i live, i just moved here. My family has all but disowned me, so i just have no idea what i am going to do as far as making money when my baby gets here. It's also really lonely to go through all of this without having anyone to talk to. I don't mean to be a downer, but things are really confusing for me right now.

um i think i might have posted this in the wrong forum... sorry :)
That's not very kind, why can't she post in this forum? She's over 18, she meets the guidelines...

I'm sorry you're feeling this way Hun :( you can do it though! I know it's tough but think of all the women who are single and do it by themselves! Some of the women I respect the most are single mamas! You should try to get child support from your ex and look for some mom playgroups in your area to join, my dh was in the military so I went through my first pregnancy alone which I know is not the same but it was still difficult, we moved across the country and I had no friends or family and my dh couldn't even stay with me for a while! The best resource for me has been church!

It may seem a little scary but the best thing you can do is not let the stress get to you. You will be a great single mom. Does the father not want any involvement with the baby? It seems a little hard right now and you may feel a little lost and confused but it will all work out.

And this post is where it should be so no worries. There are lots of lovely ladies on here who are awesome when it comes to support, helping ease dears, or just to talk to. These forums really helped me when I first found out with my first and I've just made a new acct as I am expecting #2 and got so much great advice last time.

This forum is an amazing place to come for support when you don't have any in real life. Most of the ladies are super sweet and non judgmental. We just found out we're pregnant with baby 2 and my daughter just turned 2 and we are living with my grandfather with no income...and I have to keep the baby secret from my family which is hard when you're nauseated all the time and tired. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't come here. I don't know what it must be like to have your family disown you and not have your baby's father. That sounds like unimaginable pain. But I promise you that once your child is here, you will find a new strength and everything will seem minor in comparison to that joy. And as long as you give your child all that you can, and love him or her unconditionally, please don't stress about not being able to provide. There are resources in place for single moms especially young ones. Your child doesn't need brand name diapers or fancy toys, all he or she will need and want is you. And all you will want is your kid. I've seen my drug addict partying friends turn it all around once they had their babies and they are even capable of being amazing moms. You will be amazing and you will find some great support on this forum if you stick around. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->