Scary scan experience...

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm around 7+2 today, and I had a doctor's appointment because I had GD last pregnancy and she wants to monitor it from the very beginning this time. I figured we would just go over my blood sugars so far, but when I got in the room, the nurse said the doctor wanted to do an ultrasound, too.
As my doc was doing the scan (transvaginal), she kept probing around and couldn't see anything. I started to get really nervous, as it seemed like she was searching everywhere and there was just nothing! No sac, no fetal pole, nothing! She said we were going to have to do a quantitative hcg test, since she couldn't find anything. I swear it was like 5 minutes of dread and thinking the worst before she put the probe down and palpated my abdomen, and then she basically said "Oh, I can feel your uterus already! It's just too high." So she pushed down on my uterus and tried again and lo and behold, there was a sac with a little beany and quick little flickering heartbeat, measuring just what it should. No quant test for me! I think my uterus has just popped a little early, probably because I just had a baby 8 months ago.

Now, though I'm so relieved, I still feel kinda shaky and bad... Even though everything is probably fine, it just... kinda tainted everything, you know? Has anyone else ever had an experience like this? I feel stupid for still being worried...

Not exactly but a little similar, with my mmc, I went in for the confirmation appointment at 8 weeks and she started looking but had a hard time finding anything, finally she found a sac and a fetal pole but it only measured 6+1 with no heartbeat :( fast forward to my confirmation scan with this one, I was only 7 weeks and she couldn't find anything for a minute so it scared me but she finally found baby, heartbeat and all! My uterus hadn't popped out yet that I know of but so far everything is great, I have my next appointment on Friday :)

Yes your uterus would definitely rise up faster because you were recently pregnant and your body was still going back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->