scary symptoms

suzimc

Reaction score
hi ladies, once again things are not going as I'd planned...you know the plan all rainbows and little blue birds tweeting! I've been getting steadily more nauseous and short of breath for the last two weeks, I'm 19 weeks pregnant. Finally last night my heart was racing so fast just from walking upstairs that I called the doctor and made an appointment for this morning.
The result of that was they've found my heartbeat to be 133bpm not much slower than the baby's! My doctor was lovely and took blood straight away telling me it was probably low haemoglobin but that since I was so short of breath they had to check for DVTs too. He's let me come home but I'm scared and my husband is too. We should know tomorrow what's up and the baby is wriggling away happily but I'm starting to wonder why all the complications known to pregnancy are all happening to me?! Thanks for listening xxx

I've never heard of dvts, but I'll say a prayer for u, that ur ok and start to feel better soon.

I get that everytime I walk up the stairs, or after my shower my pulse is going about 180 and I need to sit down for a bit. Then it settles, sorta, but as soon as I stand ip it races again. It doesn't happen everytime after a shower, but everytime I go on the stairs it takes a bit to catch my breath. Huh, and I don't smoke, and used to work out alot and run races up until July!

I noticed that too. Sometimes my heart just beats really fast like is trying to catch up and I have to breath really deep to catch my breath. I am a fitness instructor and I noticed when I teach my classes now I get more out of breath and tired than in the beginning of the pregnancy. Must be the weight, the belly growing and we making for blood for baby.

I've had lots of random symptoms I never even knew you could have! I always thought I would be so happy to be pregnant that I would deal with whatever was thrown at me with a big smile on my face!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

From the morning sickness, the palpatations (mine went away), odema, toothache when you can't take pain killers, back ache, horrendous heartburn, round ligament pain etc.. I've done more than my fair share of crying through this pregnany so far - no glowing for me.

And yet - I can't wait to have this baby and I know it will all have been worth it :flower:

Thankyou ladies you brought my smile back! x

I have REALLY been out of breath as well. I hope everything is ok. Keep us posted.

Hi SuziMC

Hope you are feeling a bit better. Can you put your feet up and let OH look after you for a few days? It's all such a worry isnt it. I don't remember worrying this much when I had my son who is now 9. I think being 42 makes me calmer on the one hand but more stressed on the other. Keep us updated. I get very out of breath with this one and combined with the headaches its making life a bit trying! Having a calm half hour now in front of log fire with a cuppa - remedy for all ailments! :flower: xxx Sparkly

Hiya ladies!
I'm back at home again after spending the day in hospital and I have to go back there in the morning. They're not sure yet but they think I've got a bit of a blood clot in a lung so I'm on really nippy injections twice a day and have another scan tomorrow. On the plus side the wee lad/lass is bouncing away happily none the worse for all this upheaval! Hoping for better news tomorrow but at least if they're right its treatable and I can stop worrying! xxx

Wow! Glad to hear your baby is doing great and hope they get you feeling great soon!

Get well soon Suzi,let us know how it goes tomorrow xx

Good - hope they get you sorted soon and really pleased your little one nice and active through all of it x

No blood clots! Got that news today despite junior wriggling and trying to make me move dring lung scan!! So now we have to find out how many ways they can look at my heart, doctors are optimistic tho that there's nothing serious going on and that they'll let me go soon. Doesn't stop them sending me home tonight wired to a little box! Fingers crossed next doc review friday! xxx

Good news so far hun, good luck with the Holter monitor!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->