SCH and echogenic material in the yolk sac.... Scared and confused....

alissa_suggie

Reaction score
I am now 7 weeks and 3 days according to the OB. I have been bleeding off and on since week 5. I was diagnosed with a large SCH week 6 (after believing for 3 days that we had lost the baby) and have had 2 large red bleeds since. The SCH is measuring around 5.2 x 3.3 x 3.2 (very large according to the ultrasound tech and the OB) I am on bed rest and doing VERY little. I am also a type 1 diabetic (A1c around 7). I had my 3rd ultrasound yesterday and the heartbeat was at 150 (up from 105 the prior week), they said the fetal pole is growing well and aside from the gestational sac being misshapen due to the SCH, the baby seems to be developing fine. What concerns me is that the OB told me yesterday that there seems to be some material in my yolk sac which could indicate some genetic defects but that we really won't be able to tell anything until the scans we can do at 11 weeks. She really didn't tell me any more information than that and I can't find ANYTHING (aside from it being an "ominous sign for a pregnancy") anywhere online. My OB has not been the most reassuring person in the world and seems to be acting as though if I lose the baby, I lose the baby. She doesn't seem real interested in doing everything that we are able to do to save the pregnancy. I have read that some of you on here have also had this experience. As if the bleeding wasn't scary enough, plus the concerns from being diabetic, now I have this to contend with and cannot find any information anywhere. I have read some on the baby's bowels having echogenic material from swallowing blood from the SCH, but can't find anything about it being in the yolk sac. This is my first pregnancy and this baby couldn't be more wanted. My husband and I are so excited but I am also just terrified at this point. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->