SCH & baby asprin

Charmed86

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone can help with this issue at all? I've been prescribed asprin to reduce the risk of preeclampsia. However, I've been bleeding on & off since getting my BFP. I've had numerous scans with the EPAU, but no one was ever bothered to find the cause of the bleeding. They just found a heartbeat & that was it, all is fine. At 10wks, I went for a private scan & they noticed a hematoma near my cervix & suggested that was the likely cause for the bleeding. I've had more bleeding over the last 2 days & phoned my midwife, they don't have the hematoma on their records, so she suggested another scan with the EPAU, but my dating scan is on monday anyway.

My concern is this: the midwives & Drs are not sharing information. (I also have chronic reflux, so asprin isn't the best idea really). Even if I inform the midwife of the hematoma, which I keep meaning to, but they only work weds & thurs. Getting hold of them is a nightmare, they're going to still follow guidelines that say I need asprin. Will the asprin make the hematoma worse? The bleeding was pretty heavy yesterday, but has since settled today & has been more like spotting. It just seems like a bad idea to me. Who can I discuss this with properly because my midwives don't seem the smartest (they couldn't understand how I knew exactly how far along I was using my O date). When I ask them when do I stop the aspirin, they say not to, to take it up until birth.. but it seems others have had the opposite advice & told to stop around wk 32 to prevent excess bleeding at birth! The midwife says that won't happen as it's such a small amount.

Any advice on this would be amazing. I'm so worried. I'm going to as the tech on Monday to see if the hematoma is still there & then bring it up with my mw anyway as she asked me to update her. I just don't want her to fob me off.

I have bleeding/spotting since week 12 of my pregnancy. I was also told to take aspirin by my doctor for Pre-E. But as soon as I told her that I was bleeding, she told me to stop taking aspirin because it could make it worse. I am in my week 15 now and the spotting has started to become really light for the past 2 days, which I am happy about. I do have a blood clot between my uterus and placenta, and my placenta was located on top of my cervix a week ago. My doctor told me that hopefully it'd bleed out or get absorbed by my body. Supposedly, your placenta goes through a second growth during the 15th week. So, hopefully that will help with the bleeding/spotting. Since I am in the U.S., I have no recommendation on what you should do regarding your MW.

I was originally told to take aspirin but then i was told to wait to speak to the consultant at 12 weeks as I was a borderline risk of clotting and I have a sch. The sch makes me crazy, bleeding on and off since 5 weeks. I would wait as apparently aspirin doesn't do much before 12 weeks.

I have to take ASA for MTHFR and also was having some bleeding due to SCH. my dr said to continue ASA. I think people are going to be told different things.

Hi - I had a large sch at 6 weeks and thought it was all over. Was prescribed aspirin for something else preg related. Had the same angst you had as the EPAU and the midwife didn't seem to be connecting on this. I took advice and went with the aspirin. Could your gp call both and sort it out? My sch went away 2 wks later.

Just wanted to do a quick update & thank you all for your replies :) I spoke to my MW about the aspirin & bleed, she said it shouldn't cause a problem, but to hold off & speak to the consultant in a month's time. She wasn't concerned about waiting that long to start the aspirin, so that's good :) I didn't have any bleeding this week, but I've had some spotting today. Hopefully it doesn't turn into anything heavier! Spotting I can cope with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->